Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2007, 08:44 AM

Default Re: Almost in a bar fight/Racism......Follow up.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I realize he's not just referring to once incident, but he is basically diagnosing that blacks are the problem when it's a vast and complex issue that, arguably, no one fully understands. To say that you wouldn't send your kids to a school with over 3% blacks when in all likelihood a school like that is going to see 10 times as much white on black hate than the other way around, is asinine.

[/ QUOTE ]

i went to a high school that was roughly 3% black. I never saw any hatred at all towards any of them. I saw the bullying of the mentally challenged and other people who were labeled as misfits but none towards any of the black kids.

The causes are irrelevant to a parent's decision where to send their kids to school.

Completely IRRELEVANT.

What matters is that your kids are safe, and they are not safe going to schools where they are in a minority. I also would not send them to a school that was 100% white but had a long history of drug dealing, violence, and poor academic achievement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was the 3% minority black population of the school that you attended safe?

You allude above that you never saw any hatred at all, but state later that kids are not safe when they go to a school where they are in the minority.

Seems to me that it should go both ways, does it not?
Old 08-11-2007, 12:39 PM

One might not always stand in for the whole.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:22 PM

I was not attempting, in any way to promote a racist idea. My whole post is about racism going both ways. It is the truth that the minority will always feel (rightfully) left out and separate.

I will agree that there is no way that I would send any of my kids (god help us all if that happens) to any inner city school, or any half-cracked public school. There simply is no good ethical, pioneering, need for it. While the kids may say in front of me that they appreciate the culture they learned, they would probably say far different things behind my back.

More than 3% black? I don't know, dude. That is a little off. I doubt that the black kids in a 97% white school are going to be anything like the blacks that are in my post, because this school is not going to be located in the ghetto.