Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 12:04 AM

Default Re: Thoughts on the WSOP FT

Nick:

The event has gravitas, but it's not THAT important. Seriously, you can look at your cards and turbo-muck the rags, not sit around thinking about them.

The worst part is thanks to TV poker is that you get these clowns at live tables who don't know what a clock is and think they have 5 hours to contemplate routine decisions.

I think it's difficult to get on Phil Gordon for being ridiculous when it comes to hand analysis - with no hole cards it's easy to look very stupid. He had the balls to put people on specific hands - in fact I wouldn't be surprised if the ESPN producers encouraged this kind of confidence. If you've ever watched the old WSOP broadcasts, they're done in this 'eh he might have two jacks or the full house or a flush draw!' kind of way - that's not very interesting at all.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Chad's stuff is simple, but it's usually not wrong. He's like Poker 101.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf - he's wrong all the time. "i can't believe he's going all in on a draw lon". he says that alone like 3 times per edisode.

i also don't get gordon. like was he always such a douchebag? don't i remember his seeming likeable a few years back? he allegedly "has everything" yet he's so insecure and bitter. i think he must be gay or have some other deep dark secret.

and yang definitely rules. he was the best player at the table and he's hilarious. (lol lee watkinson).

this isn't super relevant, but i told diablo this the other day and wanted to share with you all! hachem is by far a bigger dbag than gold ever was - i still don't get the gold hate.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:32 AM

lapoker - gold shot a pretty clear angle ('top-top'), luckboxed his way to the FT, and almost welched on his would-be staker.

i do agree if hachem were from the US and said ship it holla instead of pass the sugar, and didn't have an aussie cheering section, he'd be almost as hated as gold. he was a smug ass on the 2006 WSOP broadcast.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What did Phil Gordon say about 2+2? I hate Phil Gordon.

[/ QUOTE ]

He started off with some decent self-deprecation, saracastically saying how everyone on 2+2 loves him, but then he got more bitter, mentioning something about the "geniuses" at 2+2.

Not good smack, but the way he came across made it seemed like he really didn't care for this forum.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:11 AM

"gold shot a pretty clear angle ('top-top'),"

funny that the point of his angle was to lose himself money

"luckboxed his way to the FT"

if only all wsop champs were as sublimely skillful as raymer (esp agaisnt matasow.)

"almost welched on his would-be staker."

so who can i stake where i put up absolutey no money.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My question is how in the eff does Oliver Tse always manage to glom on to final table players?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Corner player (he is good at this)

2. Slag Poker Royalty

3. Paint Balsbaugh a thief and liar.

4. Repeat 3.

5. Assure player how generous he is being by "only taking 10%"

6. ??????????

7. Profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

i kind of almost wish he had found me last year and sold my korean card...he did approach me this year and told me to contact him if i made the final 36...
Old 07-19-2007, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What did Phil Gordon say about 2+2? I hate Phil Gordon.

[/ QUOTE ]

He started off with some decent self-deprecation, saracastically saying how everyone on 2+2 loves him, but then he got more bitter, mentioning something about the "geniuses" at 2+2.

Not good smack, but the way he came across made it seemed like he really didn't care for this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really think if PG hated 2p2 he would just never mention them. Mentioning us in any light gives us credit. I think he knows half their audience last night is 2p2, and he's just having fun with it.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:40 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 07-19-2007, 01:49 AM

i think it's pretty pathetic that a 10% pledge by yang would result in him being painted as some sort of charitably driven figure. i would have thought 10% was the type of amount random winners who had never even thought about charity before that came into that sort of windfall of cash would consider donating, once they realised they were set up for life and could start thinking about what sort of person they wanted to be. maybe that's idealistic, but still, 10%?

he didn't even say 10% of whatever i win - 10% of what i win IF i come first! so basically, if you portray me as an honorable figure with a noble cause who deserves adoration, IF i get lucky and win so much i won't even care about giving up 10%, i will donate this 10% in exchange for your portrayal. if not, thx for the free publicity!
Old 07-19-2007, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think it's pretty pathetic that a 10% pledge by yang would result in him being painted as some sort of charitably driven figure. i would have thought 10% was the type of amount random winners who had never even thought about charity before that came into that sort of windfall of cash would consider donating, once they realised they were set up for life and could start thinking about what sort of person they wanted to be. maybe that's idealistic, but still, 10%?

he didn't even say 10% of whatever i win - 10% of what i win IF i come first! so basically, if you portray me as an honorable figure with a noble cause who deserves adoration, IF i get lucky and win so much i won't even care about giving up 10%, i will donate this 10% in exchange for your portrayal. if not, thx for the free publicity!

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it pretty pathetic to read a rant like this based on zero knowledge of the facts. (I have no knowledge of the facts either, and have reserved opinion pending same.)

The charities he has pledged to are general public charities. Yang is a Hmong with a very large extended family. The Hmong are well known for family loyalty and sharing. Based on my general knowledge of the Hmong culture, I would expect him to be very generous to any needy relatives. Until I hear one way or the other, I have no opinion and make no judgment about him.