Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 06:44 PM

Default Re: Lee Watkinson + FT Qualifier + Winner = $18,250,000

I'm totally guessing, but I've got to think that to be on "Team Full Tilt" you need to own some sort of piece of the company as an investor. I think to be a FTP "Pro" is more like an endorsement/prop player thing for the site.

That's why a player like Carlos (WSOP/WPT Champ) isn't on the Team, but rather just a Pro. He doesn't necessarily own a part of FTP.

This explains why some of the players are on Team Full Tilt because they definitely aren't on the team because of their results.

Just my guess though.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:50 PM

The original "Team Full Tilt"ers like Clonie, Phil Gordon, Andy Bloch - yeah, because they invested in.

But since that original group they've added 3 people to "Team Full Tilt" - Matusow after he WSOP final tabled, Cunningham after he WSOP final tabled, and Gus Hansen with a sponsership contract.

Gus I presume (and am very likely completely wrong on) got a piece of the pie having signed a contract straight onto the team, the other two... ?
Old 07-16-2007, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FT and other sites making this type of promotion use a insurance company , they don't pay out the entire 10M themselves

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you understand what is going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Adding my 2c: If it was covered by an insurance policy it would be because the payout is only if someone wins the ME. Underwriters could easily calculate the odds of that and base a premium on this.

edit: Looks like FyteOn said this before I did.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FT and other sites making this type of promotion use a insurance company , they don't pay out the entire 10M themselves

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you understand what is going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Adding my 2c: If it was covered by an insurance policy it would be because the payout is only if someone wins the ME. Underwriters could easily calculate the odds of that and base a premium on this.

edit: Looks like FyteOn said this before I did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, just like how they have those banners during the All-Star game that say "Hit it here and someone wins a million bucks from 21st century". Most likely, the money is really coming from Llyods of London.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The original "Team Full Tilt"ers like Clonie, Phil Gordon, Andy Bloch - yeah, because they invested in.

But since that original group they've added 3 people to "Team Full Tilt" - Matusow after he WSOP final tabled, Cunningham after he WSOP final tabled, and Gus Hansen with a sponsership contract.

Gus I presume (and am very likely completely wrong on) got a piece of the pie having signed a contract straight onto the team, the other two... ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did Clonie really have a bankroll to "invest" in FTP a few years ago? I'm skeptical of her finances.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ad,

"OTOH, Moneymaker/Raymer/Hachem definitely aren't getting a million a year from outside deals"

Are you sure about that?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't count their Stars deals? Yeah. I mean, has anyone seen any of their names on anything non-Stars related?
Old 07-16-2007, 07:19 PM

It's very possible Hansen, Matusow, and Cunningham bought into the company too, especially after significant wins.

Maybe Carlos chose not to?
Old 07-16-2007, 07:33 PM

his fulltilt page has mistake on it.. they should fix it before he wins the main event - go lee go!
Old 07-16-2007, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ad,

"OTOH, Moneymaker/Raymer/Hachem definitely aren't getting a million a year from outside deals"

Are you sure about that?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't count their Stars deals? Yeah. I mean, has anyone seen any of their names on anything non-Stars related?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hachem on the WSOP video game
Old 07-16-2007, 11:36 PM

If the deal becomes -EV he can just breach the contract thanks to the civil war. Win/Win for Lee and an insurance claim for FTP. One of FTPs better PR moves