Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 04:34 PM

Default Re: Hellgate: London - Calling Diablo Fans

[ QUOTE ]
The beta begins in 6 days, preorders at EB, Gogamer (others I think as well) include a beta key. Poker income will soon approach zero, sparta

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF if you preorder you get a beta key? I was leaning heavily toward preordering just to make sure I got a copy (even though i don't necessarily expect it to fly off shelves) but if that's the case then I'm 100% preordering
Old 09-11-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The beta begins in 6 days, preorders at EB, Gogamer (others I think as well) include a beta key. Poker income will soon approach zero, sparta

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF if you preorder you get a beta key? I was leaning heavily toward preordering just to make sure I got a copy (even though i don't necessarily expect it to fly off shelves) but if that's the case then I'm 100% preordering

[/ QUOTE ]

Well keys haven't been sent out yet but yes, preorders should get one, at least the ones at sites that include the 'special bonus'. I just emailed ebgames about what the distribution plan is, supposedly gogamer will send out keys 24-48 hrs after your order. If I don't hear back from eb soon I will probably cancel and reorder. I must begin play as soon as the beta starts!
Old 09-11-2007, 04:55 PM

I just can't help thinking about the tiny storage space.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:31 PM

doh, now http://www.hellgatelondon.com/beta/ says the beta will start soon, as opposed to the 17th...

Also Blarg, for a small monthly fee you can have a non gimped account [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You worry too much about that. I really think this is going to be a lot like D2 in that you will use mule characters to hold gear for you, and xfer over when it's needed. Besides, the rate at which you find new and better gear eliminates the need for tons of storage space.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
doh, now http://www.hellgatelondon.com/beta/ says the beta will start soon, as opposed to the 17th...

Also Blarg, for a small monthly fee you can have a non gimped account [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

100 bucks a year is a lot to pay for a game unless you really want a MMORPG experience, which I don't.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You worry too much about that. I really think this is going to be a lot like D2 in that you will use mule characters to hold gear for you, and xfer over when it's needed. Besides, the rate at which you find new and better gear eliminates the need for tons of storage space.

[/ QUOTE ]

I use ATMA on Diablo 2 now, and the game wouldn't be half as much fun without it. Lack of space was also crippling in Everquest for a long, long time, and you never really got enough. And even all the space you get in WoW could be filled really quickly. Crafting ingredients fill up tons of inventory space in MMORPG's, as well as outfit changes for different bosses. In Diablo, it's pieces for sets and different resist items.

If an ATMA- like utility comes out for Hellgate -- which I'm sure the company will try to bust with every patch, or might even take retaliation against players for using -- it would help a lot and change the game hugely for the better. I'd probably be on board for something like that. But otherwise, especially if there is anything like the kinds of sets you could put together in Diablo, it's going to hurt having a tiny storage area. And it's pretty transparent that the builders know that, and are using it to push you into signing up for a monthly fee.

I wish they would break that fee down into features or something. Give me two bucks for storage space maybe, and keep the rest of the extras. And btw the extra storage space for ten bucks a month better be pretty friggin huge, not like the joke's worth of extra space that Lord of Destruction gave you in Diablo 2.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

100 bucks a year is a lot to pay for a game unless you really want a MMORPG experience, which I don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check the link, you can go lifetime subscription for $150, heh. I'm sure you will still be playing this in 2015.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:59 PM

I think you've got the wrong attitude towards it... these are the things that make the game worth playing, having to properly conserve space and bartering away the items you want to part with for that extra bit of space. I just don't see the point in missing out on a good game because there's one trivial aspect that you might not agree with.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Check the link, you can go lifetime subscription for $150, heh. I'm sure you will still be playing this in 2015.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap that's insane. $200 bucks for a game?

Are you kidding about the playing till 2015? With any luck, I'll have died in a grease fire or been shot by a jealous husband by then.