Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2007, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Paris Hilton

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Please explain how a totally talentless person like Paris Hilton has been able to brand herself the way she has

[/ QUOTE ]

I niether know nor care.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's how I was expecting to answer when I saw "Paris Hilton". But this isn't about Paris Hiltion. It's a great question. It's about how to make something huge out of next-to-nothing (relatively speaking, except for some cash.)

And it's not sex tape, that's for sure.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:11 PM

one of most interesting threads I've read in a while. thanks to the 2 experts in the field of business to show and analyze the PH phenomenon.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:19 PM

Let the record show that the very, 'very' deliberate nature of all ParisHilton PR is more than obvious. Anyone that can spell 'Elliot Mintz' knows this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliot_Mintz
[ QUOTE ]

Elliot Mintz is a press representative known for his impeccable sense of fashion. His clients have included Bob Dylan [1], Don Johnson [2], Christie Brinkley and Paris Hilton.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-30-2007, 03:12 AM

Im pretty sure its actually impossible for somebody to not be talented at anything. We just not talented at things valued by blue-collar people
Old 06-30-2007, 04:29 AM

This thread is useless w/o video.
J/K
I think that Paris gives people a vicarious thrill, and for others gives a talking point for everthing we hate about pop culture.
On the one hand, we all want to be [or be with] the young, sexy, wealthy, and popular. Whether we admit it to ourselves or not. On the other hand, those who recognize or fear these traits in themselves can point to her and say 'well this is where American instant oatmeal culture leads us.. children who are vain, shallow, uncaring and without moral compass' I'd like to think that people could leave her alone, but apparently she loves the attention..
Check out Christopher Hitchens' article on slate...
http://www.slate.com/id/2168128/
Old 06-30-2007, 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think pretty much everything related to Paris Hilton is deliberate. From jail time, to sex tape, to "accidentally" releasing every cell phone # of her celebrity friends, to "accidentally" forgetting to pay a rental storage unit bill and having a bunch of pictures found of you naked and doing coke, to getting out of a car with no panties on and flashing your hoohah.

[/ QUOTE ]

This type of planning is beyond her faculties.

[/ QUOTE ]which story is out of her control? The only one I think has a chance of not being planned is the jail time.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread is useless w/o video.
J/K
I think that Paris gives people a vicarious thrill, and for others gives a talking point for everthing we hate about pop culture.
On the one hand, we all want to be [or be with] the young, sexy, wealthy, and popular. Whether we admit it to ourselves or not. On the other hand, those who recognize or fear these traits in themselves can point to her and say 'well this is where American instant oatmeal culture leads us.. children who are vain, shallow, uncaring and without moral compass' I'd like to think that people could leave her alone, but apparently she loves the attention..
Check out Christopher Hitchens' article on slate...
http://www.slate.com/id/2168128/

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said. I think this is spot on.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:49 AM

People are stupid, but every one thinks they are smart. Want proof? Look at the posters in this thread, including me.