Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2007, 03:35 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?
Default Re: Toss\'s WSOP* Adventure (A Trip Report)

[ QUOTE ]
Steamboatin: The drinks are bad for me? But, but, how will I offset the rake?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Forgive me if I am wrong (I might have the wrong TR) but didn't your last trip report have a section about not remembering how you got back to your hotel room and being glad you weren't dead? Appologies again if I am mistaken.

I probably tilt over this part because I used to drink just like that, can't remember driving home, doing really stupid stuff, projectile vomiting, etc. I quit drinking when I sobered up after my 25th bithday and it bothers me to read about you getting drnk, losing money and running risk of waking up dead.

Damn, there I go being a wet blanket on a perfectly good party. Who let that old poop in the house?
Old 07-02-2007, 04:11 PM

This TR had a different pace than the others, but it ended with that frenetic downhill sprint which really made it worth it.

Please post August TR toss. Eff the haters.

My favorite part:

[ QUOTE ]
I clap my hands once like a retarded seal. That's how I like to celebrate my gambling wins.

[/ QUOTE ]

But this can't be ignored:

[ QUOTE ]
I hollywood for a few seconds, you know just to protect my solid tight image,

[/ QUOTE ]

Man you had that table made. That blunder was worthy of monkey tilt.

Oh, and:

[ QUOTE ]
risk of waking up dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 07-02-2007, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Steamboatin: The drinks are bad for me? But, but, how will I offset the rake?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Forgive me if I am wrong (I might have the wrong TR) but didn't your last trip report have a section about not remembering how you got back to your hotel room and being glad you weren't dead? Appologies again if I am mistaken.

I probably tilt over this part because I used to drink just like that, can't remember driving home, doing really stupid stuff, projectile vomiting, etc. I quit drinking when I sobered up after my 25th bithday and it bothers me to read about you getting drnk, losing money and running risk of waking up dead.

Damn, there I go being a wet blanket on a perfectly good party. Who let that old poop in the house?

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a big difference between doing this in Vegas and doing this on a regular basis. I suspect this is a Vegas thing for toss (any many others).
Old 07-02-2007, 05:42 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

[ QUOTE ]
There's a big difference between doing this in Vegas and doing this on a regular basis. I suspect this is a Vegas thing for toss (any many others).

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand. If he did it all the time he would be dead or in jail and then we wouldn't have all these really cool trip reports. I am not sure of Toss's age but it is possible I quit drinking when he was in preschool. I quit drinking April Fool's day, (LOL, I know weird day to quit) 1986.

I am turning into one of those old poops that I used to laugh at when I was young.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I understand. If he did it all the time he would be dead or in jail and then we wouldn't have all these really cool trip reports. I am not sure of Toss's age.

[/ QUOTE ]

I estimate 19 1/2 with a good ID
Old 07-02-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
good report but...

u suck @ poker dude. did u expect to put in a good session sleep deprived and hungover?

You have major tilt issues too, pushing 10-10 on a K high board, wtf?

i'm surprised u only lost 6 buy-ins at 1/2NL and not 16 lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I admit I was tired, but pushing was definitely not -EV versus villain. He'll call here with any pair and any draw. A better play might've to CR all-in as he would sometimes bet marginal hands if you looked weak enough.

I'd say drunken tilt can only be blamed for half my losses maximum. You may say it's wishful thinking, but I'm pretty sure I was sober/non-tilting for at least half my sessions.

Berge20: My friend says second week, but it's likely to change around as a LOT of people are going. I think they're going to rent a suite was one bed lol.

Steambotin: After my blackout session, I set some rules for myself. No more than a total of 5 mixed drinks and/or 5 beers over 3-4 hours (the time it takes me to get sober.) Also I must never drink on an empty stomach. I was really disappointed in myself after the blackout situation so I followed these rules for my last trip. I was lying when I said I had 3 Red Bulls and 4 Newcastles at Primm. I only had 2 Red Bulls and 2 beers. Now if I can just take care of my tilting...

Dianarossfan: I'm 21, 22 in October (Yes, I'm going to Vegas for October)
Old 07-02-2007, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
good report but...

u suck @ poker dude. did u expect to put in a good session sleep deprived and hungover?

You have major tilt issues too, pushing 10-10 on a K high board, wtf?

i'm surprised u only lost 6 buy-ins at 1/2NL and not 16 lol

[/ QUOTE ]
I was way too busy laughing to pay attention to his hand descriptions. Next time you should do the same.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Berge20: My friend says second week, but it's likely to change around as a LOT of people are going. I think they're going to rent a suite was one bed lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just was curious--I'm out their mid-August for a week, so I'll keep an eye out for the skinny asian guy with glasses chugging Newcastles and RBVs. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-02-2007, 11:52 PM

Toss,

I may have been a bit harsh saying you 'suck' at teh pokers. What I was trying to say is that I hate some of these TRs where everyone says something like "ZOMG I'm so good at poker, live donks suck" yet they always lose a handful of buy-ins to these live donks.

Statements like these make me come to this conclusion when reading your report.

"I raise 65o to $25 early position" (ok?)

"I could've tightened way the hell up and watch them pay me off with garbage. I could've stop ordering rubbing alcohol on the rocks and switch to something a little bit lighter. I didn't"

"I straddle UTG and 5 donks limp. I look at my cards to find ATo so naturally I push out a stack of red ($100) into the middle."

"Oh my flying f**k, what did I just f**king do, did I just f**king donk off 1.5 buyins in one hand on a pure braindead bluff? I did just bluff off $300 benjamins on the retardo bluff on the century."

"I'm tired. But I have a job to do. Chase losses at poker room downstairs haha. "

You get the point [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

anyway keep up the drinking and partying, us skinny asian dudes have to represent
Old 07-03-2007, 12:38 AM

Reload friends. These people seem terrible.