Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2007, 05:38 PM

Default Re: How do you feel about this?

if its me id definately have their badge but thats about as far as id go. this POS deserved a beating, but i think it went too far
Old 06-28-2007, 03:23 AM

[censored] yeah, that dude should be dead; instead, he gets to go to prison and be top dog to his cellies cuz he's got the stones to kill a cop; and his stupid dumbazz mom, yelling "police brutality"; hell yeah, biatch, he had it coming...
Old 06-28-2007, 03:31 AM

I don't feel bad for the guy at all, but think the cops were out of line, subdue the guy and that's it. That's their job.

Just because it's pretty much obvious a guy is a POS doesnt mean the cops can mutilate someone, take him down, let the system finish him. If he's a dirtbag chances are he'll get it.

EDIT: I didnt watch the video, just saying theortically from OP's text.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:51 AM

the video doesn't seem to mention the punishment (if any?) the police officers involved got. anyone know?

so disgusting. those cops should not only lose their job they should definitely be doing jail time for what they did. obviously the dude should do his time as well, if found guilty, which he was.

maybe i am just naturally a bit more empathetic than the average 2+2er, but the "yea it was wrong for the police to do that, but i personally don't really care/don't really feel sorry for the guy" argument makes absolutely no sense. I am personally more upset with that mindset than the mindset of the people saying the cops were in the right (which they very obviously weren't imo).
Old 06-28-2007, 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the video doesn't seem to mention the punishment (if any?) the police officers involved got. anyone know?

so disgusting. those cops should not only lose their job they should definitely be doing jail time for what they did. obviously the dude should do his time as well, if found guilty, which he was.

maybe i am just naturally a bit more empathetic than the average 2+2er, but the "yea it was wrong for the police to do that, but i personally don't really care/don't really feel sorry for the guy" argument makes absolutely no sense. I am personally more upset with that mindset than the mindset of the people saying the cops were in the right (which they very obviously weren't imo).

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, you really sound empathetic.. not being able to understand why people wouldn't feel sympathy for this man. From a legal standpoint, what the cops did is completely wrong. But how could you possibly not understand their logic in beating up this man or why others would sympathize with the cops for doing it.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:02 AM

-Full-Metall

I can understand the LACK of logic that led the officers to come to that conclusion. i never claimed i didn't understand the officers' decision. i don't understand those defending them, and i don't understand those that concede that the officers did something wrong, but they don't really care because in this particular case the guy who was injured was a scumbag. they still made a mistake. a big one. one worthy of jail time. the dude that got beat up killed some people, it was a mistake, he probably realizes it was a mistake today, but there is no way in hell you can rationalize that he shouldn't get jail time. the officers' situation isn't very different. in fact, officers should generally be held to a higher standard than the rest of the public in the first place.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
in fact, officers should generally be held to a higher standard than the rest of the public in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

A feeling I feel strongly but still get [censored] for.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:10 AM

He deserved to be beaten. Obviously the cops don't have the legal authority to administer that punishment.

I think what they did was morally justifiable though, especially if the death penalty is morally justifiable in this case. Killing somebody is worse than beating them, and I don't see how having gone through the system will magically make killiing the guy morally acceptable when before the trial beating him was wrong.

Old 06-28-2007, 04:13 AM

*crack* goes the pistol butt
Old 06-28-2007, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
-Full-Metall

I can understand the LACK of logic that led the officers to come to that conclusion. i never claimed i didn't understand the officers' decision, i don't understand those defending them, and i don't understand those that concede that the officers did something wrong, but they don't really care because in this particular case the guy who was injured was a scumbag. they still made a mistake. a big one. one worthy of jail time. the dude that got beat up killed some people, it was a mistake, he probably realizes it was a mistake today, but there is no way in hell you can rationalize that he shouldn't get jail time. the officers' situation isn't very different. in fact, officers should generally be held to a higher standard than the rest of the public in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]
As I said, from a legal standpoint, they are completely in the wrong. Maybe they should get jail time, but from my personal opinion, I don't mind a bit of vigilante justice.

"yea it was wrong for the police to do that, but i personally don't really care/don't really feel sorry for the guy"

People have their own values and beliefs, the law doesn't represent a universal definition of morality. It was wrong of the police, but I don't employ any sympathy whatsoever for the murderer here and I completely understand the rationale or lack thereof, of the police, in this situation.