Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2007, 06:41 AM

Default Re: Calling chick I just met on her birthday?

About the flowers, Id prefer to send them after the first date, if things went well. Sterling roses btw, all girls Ive met go ape [censored] for them. They are a sweet lavender rose.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:48 AM

There is absolutely no way you should get her flowers for her birthday. The best advice has already been said in this thread, and that is to text her in the evening.

I am one to want to send flowers, as I'd like to rack up the points. You might, you might not. BUT remember this - she WILL remember that you bought her flowers when you basically don't know her, and that will act as a precedent for future gifts. What the f*ck do you think she's going to expect for a gift if you actually do hook up with her?

Don't buy flowers, as much as I'd love to if I were you. You'd be setting yourself up for a fall later.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:17 AM

Those giving serious advice in this thread, please include how often you get laid.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:01 AM

text message - who doesn't want everyone to wish them a happy birthday on their birthday?
Old 06-25-2007, 11:24 AM

Diablo is the only sane one in the thread. I'd go with the tennis bracelet over a necklace for her birthday. Save the necklace for the 1 month anniversary gift.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:27 AM

I agree with the previously mentioned: A text message in the evening when she is likely out with friends partying. Make it short, as in: "Happy Birthday!".

This won't be creepy, but something she would like from virtually anyone including co-workers, family, friends, acquaintances, and guys she's having dinner with soon.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Diablo is the only sane one in the thread. I'd go with the tennis bracelet over a necklace for her birthday. Save the necklace for the 1 month anniversary gift.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tiffany's ldo for the 1 month anniversary.

OP - Coach bags are nice gifts too. You can show up at her place with one of these as a gift.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:37 AM

sometimes i just think people post this crap in OOT to tell all their friends "look at me - i posted something on OOT and got 1289364219 replies! i'm cool!"
Old 06-25-2007, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't send her flowers, it would freak her out. (It would me!) However, a text message would be perfect. Even a phone call might be too much, although doable, but the flowers are WAY too freaky.

Answer: Text or call, in that order.

T

[/ QUOTE ]

The girl is 23. She is not gonna freak out. It could even be the first time she has ever got flowers. Write a corny message on the card, "Just a little something to make your birthday a little brighter." It doesnt have to be 3 dozen red roses etc. Just a small arrangement in a vase.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know why your arguing with a CHICK on this point, I think she's more likely to know than you or me.

Flowers before a date even happens is creepy and desperate-seeming. One of two things will happen, neither good: either she's a normal-ish chick who is going to be freaked out by the gesture and kill his chances, or she's a clingy insecure broad who is going to get a huge psycho creamy crotch over it, and that's just a slippery slope to her boiling bunnies in your kitchen. Neither of these results is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

there is some weird paradox where women give the worst advice about how to handle women

anyway the truth is it doesnt matter wtf you do, Shes already got an opinion of you and has already decided whether or not you are ever going to sniff her panties. If she likes you, flowers will be a big hit, and if she doesnt they will creep her out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Somewhat true, I can only give out advice on what I, as a woman, would feel/think and what I know my female friends and FIVE sisters would feel/think...in other words, I have a hell of a lot more female input then just my own opinion.

What you said is somewhat true, she could have already made up her mind about him, or may not have yet. Sometimes we take a few days or gasp, a date or two, to figure out if this guy is someone we want to continue seeing.

A text on my birthday, the day after I meet someone would be a great touch that would make me smile. Flowers would freak me out, how did he know where to deliver them? Why would I give a guy my address that I just met a day ago? See the implications?

The majority seems to be on a text, so the OP should go with that, IMO.

T
Old 06-25-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sometimes i just think people post this crap in OOT to tell all their friends "look at me - i posted something on OOT and got 1289364219 replies! i'm cool!"

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, if that was ever my motivation and my friends would be impressed by something like that I'd probably kill all of them and then myself for mortally sucking.