Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2007, 04:16 PM

Default Re: Low Level Turbos on FTP: Grinders with bad table selection

I've been multitabling some freerolls and play money SNGs on FullTilt recently. All of you regulars seriously need to stop sitting at my tables. It's really cutting into my earn.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:10 PM

Play at 3 am. Very few regs. Or players, for that matter.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:48 PM

I don't know how good my ROI assumtions are, but playing $24 and $36 yesterday, my script found tables where the 6 first that sat down had a total ROI (including rake) of +42 to -66, so some people really need to think before they sit down.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lacky,

At the stakes you play(60s right?), table selection is considerably more difficult. My comments really only apply to the low level games where there are only a handful of decent regulars who are easy to avoid.

[/ QUOTE ]

im not lacky, but the same [censored] happens at the 60s. lots of regs sitting with each other in unnecessary situations. i just unregister laugh at them for wasting each others time and wait for another softer game which always comes much sooner than expected.

im pretty sure some of these [censored] think thyre soo good it doesnt matter who they sit with, because they run abnormally good for like 2k games and think thats it, theyre virtually unbeatable
Old 06-21-2007, 07:30 PM

I couldn't care less who is at my table. Even you Blackize. Spite call away.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Instead of spending time game selecting in low buyin sngs. People should spend time getting good enough that you can move up or not game select because you still have positivie equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so stupid. No one is advocating that game selection is an excuse to not improve. We're just saying that if your goal is to make money you should be game selecting.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have a 1% ROI in a tough game it is still better to play it than not play at all. Game selection may help increase your ROI, but it very likely hurts your hourly.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:51 PM

haha =P... I hate sitting with regulars, but I'd rather play than wait for an hour looking for all the regulars to sit down. Besides, at the $12's, there's only a handful of people that I actively try to avoid. Oh and blackize, stop sitting at my tables, I'm sick of spite calling you.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Instead of spending time game selecting in low buyin sngs. People should spend time getting good enough that you can move up or not game select because you still have positivie equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so stupid. No one is advocating that game selection is an excuse to not improve. We're just saying that if your goal is to make money you should be game selecting.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have a 1% ROI in a tough game it is still better to play it than not play at all. Game selection may help increase your ROI, but it very likely hurts your hourly.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's better than not playing at all but it's probably worse than waiting to play in a 5%+ game. And if you can't play infinite tables you have to consider the cost of playing a game you have a slight edge in compared to waiting and playing in a different game with a bigger edge.

Playing x tourneys with 0-2 regs/table is probably better than playing 2x tourneys with 3-8 regs/table. The waiting time at low levels isn't that big (the relation is better than x:2x) and you're going to have a better $/hr waiting and playing the donkey-tables only. And you can use the time you wait to study and become a better player which is hard to factor into the $/hr [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2007, 07:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It's better than not playing at all but it's probably worse than waiting to play in a 5%+ game. And if you can't play infinite tables you have to consider the cost of playing a game you have a slight edge in compared to waiting and playing in a different game with a bigger edge.

Playing x tourneys with 0-2 regs/table is probably better than playing 2x tourneys with 3-8 regs/table. The waiting time at low levels isn't that big (the relation is better than x:2x) and you're going to have a better $/hr waiting and playing the donkey-tables only. And you can use the time you wait to study and become a better player which is hard to factor into the $/hr

[/ QUOTE ]

VN post.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Playing x tourneys with 0-2 regs/table is probably better than playing 2x tourneys with 3-8 regs/table. The waiting time at low levels isn't that big (the relation is better than x:2x) and you're going to have a better $/hr waiting and playing the donkey-tables only. And you can use the time you wait to study and become a better player which is hard to factor into the $/hr [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks like Finnisher just finished all over your faces.