Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2007, 09:15 PM

Default Re: River tubing.

in texas it's very popular. my uncle and cousins went down to the guadulupe this last weekend. they drove down in the bus. one of those luxury RV types with all the bells and whistles. iirc, they usually go to a spot where you float down then they drive you back to where you started.

some spots in texas wont allow alcoholic beverages iirc, and they have game wardens camped out with binoculars waiting to issue tickets.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:20 PM

Ichetucknee River in North Florida -awesome 72 degree spring feed river usually full of UF co-eds.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:03 AM

We always used to Float the Frio River in South Texas for the 4th of July. It is right outside of my dads hometown and he had friends with houses on the river. Got much more fun when we got older and we had our own house to hang out at. Someone drives you up to a bridge, you float and drink for 4 hours, stop at the parents house for food, then float a half mile further to the kids house and continue the party.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol this will only work if 2 out of the 100 are fluffpop and FFK.

[/ QUOTE ]

My vote is on the Chattahoochie.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:12 AM

The summer before second grade my family moved from CA to MA, stopping in CO to drop off my dog with a friend, because our new place couldn't have dogs. My dad and wanted to tube the Colorado river, and just pulled over to a random spot. I was so light that I was way ahead of him, and then it started getting super fast. All of a sudden I see these 200 foot high cliff walls rising up on both sides and what looks to be Class 4 rapids about 30 seconds down the river. (Mind you, I'm like 6.) I realize this isn't part of the plan, and jump out of tube, which throws me around a bit, I surface with about 15 seconds to go before the cliff walls. I make my way to the side and grab a branch and just kind of hang there. My dad's friend who dropped us off and had followed our path in her car runs over and helps me out. If that branch broke or I hadn't grabbed it, I wouldn't be here today.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
in texas it's very popular. my uncle and cousins went down to the guadulupe this last weekend. they drove down in the bus. one of those luxury RV types with all the bells and whistles. iirc, they usually go to a spot where you float down then they drive you back to where you started.

some spots in texas wont allow alcoholic beverages iirc, and they have game wardens camped out with binoculars waiting to issue tickets.

[/ QUOTE ]

is the guadalupe open yet? guess it could depend where along the river.

i went tubing 2 weeks ago on the comal because the gaudalupe was closed to tubers and i heard second hand last week that it still was.

we've had so much rain here adn they've opened the dam in the area lake which in turn has made the outgoing river too dangerous to tube. thought it was the same way
Old 06-19-2007, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is a summer tradition in Texas. Everyone goes to New Braunfuels for the Guadalupe and Comal river. Rent a tube for everyone, and rent an extra tube for the cooler. Always a fun trip.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is one of the most horribly depressing photos I have ever seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Take out all of those people and replace it with just a group of my friends and some coolers and it looks like fun.

As is? No thanks.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

A few years ago some [censored] tied a keg to his leg. Well the keg fell out of the tube, sunk, and brought the dude with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did they save the keg?
Old 06-19-2007, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

A few years ago some [censored] tied a keg to his leg. Well the keg fell out of the tube, sunk, and brought the dude with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did they save the keg?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, there's no way this is true. I mean, I like beer and all, but why the hell would you ever tie a keg to your leg?
Old 06-19-2007, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did they save the keg?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, there's no way this is true. I mean, I like beer and all, but why the hell would you ever tie a keg to your leg?

[/ QUOTE ]

SO it doesn't float away, duh. And don't bother asking why he didn't tie it to the tube the keg was in, that's just dumb.