Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2007, 02:38 AM

Default Re: Players forced to play $2k NL WSOP event in 100 degree tent

[ QUOTE ]
WTF????

I was very close to getting on a plane and coming out for the last few events and the main event. I have just made my decision. Me and the $100,000 I had planned to wire to Vegas will be boycotting this years WSOP.

This is just absolutely horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go to Vegas, just play the Bellagio Cup (10K WPT event after WSOP 10k event FYI) preliminary events are all in the air conditioned Bellagio... or the Venetian deep stack events in the Air Conditioned Venetian. There's plenty of poker in town, and Harrah's aint the only game... Let your money talk for you. Also see Bob Feduniaks (spelled badly sorry bob too lazy to lookup) post looking for comment for Jeff Pollack.

Additionally don't send any letters to Harrahs, they don't care, send them to the sponsors Harrahs is trying to line up. The thrust of the letter is Do you want to associate yourself with a company that so obviously disregards their customers like Harrahs does then detail the example of the hundreds of player posting 2k plus entry fee to sit in a 100 degree sweatbox. Is this how you treat YOUR customers ? wouldn't your ad dollars be better spent. yadda yadda...
Old 06-16-2007, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Might help, but I know business, and the pocketbook is the only way to inflict damage and hammer out some change.

Notice Dan Druff won't respond to my posts.

Hate to say it, but Dan Druff, and the rest of the players who continue to pay juice for a bullcrap product, are the problem.

No disrespect intended, but truth hurts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right about the hit them in the pocketbook kind of thing, and that is what I'm talking about in reality if it comes down to the press release thing.

If it gets picked up by the major news orginizations, and even better, reported on the radio and TV (about how Harrah's doesn't seem to care about people's health), then people might have second thoughts about plunking down the money for the WSOP and head over instead to one of the other major events running at the same time.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:48 AM

I was in the tent today. Yeah it was hot. My back and ass even sweated a little when I sat in my chair. But it certainly wasn't unbearable. My high school was way worse during the summer as an example.

Besides that I think it wasn't that bad in the first place, today was the first day of the world series that the temperature has gotten to 110. Last week it was in the eighties. So they put players in the tent, it was hot, and now people are complaining. I talked to some of the same people that you did Druff and I was told that they are installing a new air conditioning unit tomorrow. And that they are planning to build a tunnel between the tent and the main room so that the doors don't constantly open and let the air out.

I love the WSOP. Great tournaments, the chance to win a lot of money, a fun atmosphere etc. Sometimes they aren't going to run things perfectly, but Harrah's does care about money and if it is cost effective to make changes to make players happy then they will make those changes (i.e. cards). Give this thing a week or two and I am sure it will be resolved.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Give this thing a week or two and I am sure it will be resolved.

[/ QUOTE ]

With all due respect, the Series has already been running for 16 days, and in a "week or two" the F'ing thing will be nearly all over!

It is hardly a surprise that the outside temperature is >100 degrees in June. In fact, the 80 degree weather that you refer to was the bigger surprise in June!

It was NEVER going to be feasible to play comfortably in a tent in the Nevade desert in June, and Harrahs deserve to lose a serious number of players to the competing series being run at Venetian and Bellagio because of it.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:21 AM

i played the $2500 horse event in the tent outside and it was freezing. of course this was much later in the day.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was in the tent today. Yeah it was hot. My back and ass even sweated a little when I sat in my chair. But it certainly wasn't unbearable. My high school was way worse during the summer as an example.

Besides that I think it wasn't that bad in the first place, today was the first day of the world series that the temperature has gotten to 110. Last week it was in the eighties. So they put players in the tent, it was hot, and now people are complaining. I talked to some of the same people that you did Druff and I was told that they are installing a new air conditioning unit tomorrow. And that they are planning to build a tunnel between the tent and the main room so that the doors don't constantly open and let the air out.

I love the WSOP. Great tournaments, the chance to win a lot of money, a fun atmosphere etc. Sometimes they aren't going to run things perfectly, but Harrah's does care about money and if it is cost effective to make changes to make players happy then they will make those changes (i.e. cards). Give this thing a week or two and I am sure it will be resolved.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a Harrahs stockholder. Pathetic
Old 06-16-2007, 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a Harrahs stockholder. Pathetic

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah I'm just a poker player trying to be honest with myself. Most people bitch about the World Series but play in a bunch of events anyway. And the reason for that is they are bitching about things that really aren't that bad. Because if they were that bad no one would play. And yet we do play...
Old 06-16-2007, 06:38 AM

me too......when I got back into the Main Tournamnet area,I almost passed out from being too COLD.It is a disgrace that the Rio doesnt use the zillion air conditioned conference rooms within five feet of the arena,to host the large numbered entry events!
Anyway ....going into Day two short with 27k

~stephen
Old 06-16-2007, 11:57 AM

dan - i don't have enough interest to write out a 200 word reply. sorry if i didn't make myself clear enough. i only know you as the guy who is mostly from neverwin's site, and made an absolute ass out of himself on tv. i don't know you personally, and i never claimed to.

yesterday was hot as hell - and i'm sure the tent sucked. that's what i tried to say. i should have followed it with, i'd be surprised if this thing didn't remedy itself fairly soon.

your super long rant just doesn't hold as much weight to me...i didn't say it didn't hold any. it's just a goddamned opinion anyway.

and actually, i would think if you spun the seat covers around you may be able to create a fan-like situation...maybe you should try it if you find yourself down there again. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

no hard feelings todd...you're obviously a good player. sorry i mentioned anything.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:07 PM

You can call Jack and tell him exactly what an incompetent fool he is. 702-777-6793