Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2007, 07:45 AM

Default Re: A question for OOT regarding longtime posters

I miss Shajen
Old 06-15-2007, 09:45 AM

Diablo's forum filters out anything interesting and leaves OOT with the scraps.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:03 AM

I miss Tennenbaum.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:04 AM

We need some return of IndieMatty and EuroTrash. I haven't been around all that much lately, but I haven't seen much of mmbtone either. TSC's been gone for a while. What's going on with 'Cardo?

Also, bring back Shajen!

[censored] needs to make a comeback for sure.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We need some return of IndieMatty and EuroTrash. I haven't been around all that much lately, but I haven't seen much of mmbtone either. TSC's been gone for a while.

Also, bring back Shajen!

[censored] needs to make a comeback for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

whats funny is I edited my post right after to say almost exactly all this but ofc 2p2 died as I was posting.

i know shajen got a new job and doesn't have interweb time like he used to but but I really wish he'd at least show up and say hi :/
Old 06-15-2007, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would mention suzzer as being awesome but he reverted to his old-school avatar which makes me want to claw my eyeballs out.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd be surprised how many people go nuts over her. I think I should win something for most polarizing avatar.

I would put my NT! sticky avatar tribute back up. But I'm just not feeling the love right now.

Seriously though I do try to entertain. It seems like I make 5 or 6 posts a day that I think are sublime hilarity - and get totally ignored. IE - http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...67#Post10791607 . Pure comedy gold that is.

Also Bartman & Buckner for the goat names. Cmon. I did get one reply, but I expected to be carried off on a golden platform for that one.

I'm not appreciated in my time.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there's some truth to this. I've posted on several message boards that came up with "A-Forums". Basically any quality posts ends up going over there.

One thing I really like about OOT, although it leads to a lot of crap threads, is the fact that you can ask a question on such a wide array of subjects and receive feedback from people with a specialty in that area. It also appeals to people because they get instant-answers.

OOT has become almost a third parent for some of us - when we're in tough situations or just don't have a clue how to do something, we just "ask the mob".

Tips on food (bbq!), tourist questions, female questions, career questions, and product recommendations I find to be generally useful.

Posts that could be answered with a quick google query need to be stopped.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:33 AM

The problem with these lists is I know I'm forgetting people. But a quick brainstorm:

Boris
Kipin (word)
Patrick of the big poker
nolanfan
JaketheBake (I am steadfastly pro-Jake and always will be. Come back Jake, I know you're reading this!)
Shant
Anacardo
Aloysius
Astroglide
Blarg
El D obv
suzzer
private joker
Stuey
RDH
sammmjjonness
alobar
the guy with the genital warts

EDIT: That's not to say that some of you other guys on my list DON'T have genital warts, I'm just saying I like the guy who walked us through his efforts to freeze the warts off his johnson, unlike you warty cowards who keep your private shame hidden from us.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Truth.

Diablo was usually anti-OOT-splits because the thought it would kill OOT. Then it's his own split that puts the nail in the coffin. And it's because of the quality posters his forum took away, not because of the content itself.

Has Private Joker been mentioned? He's excellent.

I usually stay away from the "OOT Serious Business" threads but I guess I'll chime in about what I like in a poster. The long-time posters I like usually:
a) strike a balance of humor and discussion
b) don't take OOT too seriously

I read OOT to be entertained and to find random interesting conversations. I don't care about drama. I ignore the stuff I'm not interested in, rather than bitch about it.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:40 AM

I want to reiterate that sometimes the best threads aren't started with great intentions or by established posters. I think that the content contributed by the long-time posters is often what leads to the threads being so enjoyable. Also, I think you have to allow a few idiots to hang around in order to create humorous situations for the more excellent posters to really capitalize on. An example that comes to mind is AsH_KeTcHuM and his idiotic photos, which tuq ran with and made legendary.

So maybe there is a some credibility in the claim that new posters are punished too harshly. There have been numerous thread ideas that I personally have abandoned because new threads are so often rejected. I agree that something needs to be done, but I'm not sure harsh modding will take us where we need to be.

NT!, I miss your pre-mod posts. I wish you would post more content that is not related to modding. I appreciate your efforts to make this forum a better place. [censored] really provided a whole lot of quality and high-frequency posting that is sorely missed.