Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2006, 09:11 PM

Default Re: Who is Your Favorite President?

Thomas J Whitmore.

By golly, he saved the world!
Old 02-27-2006, 09:18 PM

Depends on what you mean. Hoover was the most awesome human being ever to step foot into the big house but he wasn't a great politician.

Indy
Old 03-01-2006, 02:40 AM

Chester A. Arthur.

I like the name.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:08 PM

Default Re: The 2nd War on Terror

being part sioux indian maybe I feel a bit dif on Jackson. I rate him as one of the worst presidents. He put into act the moving of all Indians on the eastern side of mississippi. The 6 tribes that still lived on that side moved except the cherokee who having formed a republican state in georgia. Did what any American would have done and took it to court. They didnt fight with weapons. It went all the way to the supreme court and was upheld. They started in the Georgia courts with Cherokee nation vs. Georgia , but Georgia said the Cherokee was not there own nation and refused to here the case. In I believe 1832 the supreme court sided with the Cherokee and said they had a right to there place. The treaty of new echota gave Jackson the ammo he needed to get the Cherokee out. Thus the trail of Tears took place killing over 4000 Cherokee.
Chris Rock said it best. I see African Americans in MCdonalds all the time, But not once have I ever seen a Native American family.
For his roll for what he did for what is now America I would say Polk. Since he mostly stuck it to Mexico and the British.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He had ridiculous leadership qualities. He also warned against the U.S. falling into a two-party system. Oops.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right on! He showed some incredible wisdom in that respect, I also think its noteworthy that he willingly chose to step down, because i could be wrong, but I think a majority of the population still wanted him to stay in power. I doubt that Clinton would have done the same if it wasn't required that he leave office [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2006, 03:57 PM

Default Re: The 2nd War on Terror

[ QUOTE ]
being part sioux indian maybe I feel a bit dif on Jackson. I rate him as one of the worst presidents. He put into act the moving of all Indians on the eastern side of mississippi. The 6 tribes that still lived on that side moved except the cherokee who having formed a republican state in georgia. Did what any American would have done and took it to court. They didnt fight with weapons. It went all the way to the supreme court and was upheld. They started in the Georgia courts with Cherokee nation vs. Georgia , but Georgia said the Cherokee was not there own nation and refused to here the case. In I believe 1832 the supreme court sided with the Cherokee and said they had a right to there place. The treaty of new echota gave Jackson the ammo he needed to get the Cherokee out. Thus the trail of Tears took place killing over 4000 Cherokee.
Chris Rock said it best. I see African Americans in MCdonalds all the time, But not once have I ever seen a Native American family.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Jackson was a genocidal mass-murdering douchebag.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt that Bush would have done the same if it wasn't required that he leave office [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

God bless Washington's foresight.