Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2007, 05:26 AM

Default Re: ufc 72 + 73 on bodog

i just watched those kimbo fights online and man that is a scary dude. that said, despite his training recently it is hard to imagine he will bring much of a ground game, even in comparison to mercer, who i would hope is training as well. if mercer trains and shows up ready to fight i would think it to be closer than the line indicates. sure kimbo looked scary tough but it is still hard for me to imagine that a world class boxer wouldnt give him a very tough time. keep in mind that this is possibly the single most uninformed opinion in the history of uninformed opinion but im throwing it out anyways.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:54 AM

mercers game is so 1 dimensional .. although stylistically matches well with Kimbo. Kimbo is bigger and stronger and can take it to the ground. I don't see Kimbo losing
Old 06-20-2007, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
mercers game is so 1 dimensional .. although stylistically matches well with Kimbo. Kimbo is bigger and stronger and can take it to the ground. I don't see Kimbo losing

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't go as far as not seeign Kimbo lose, but the more I think about this fight, the more I like Kimbo. Although Kimbo's ground game is green in that video, you can tell he is at least legitimately trying to learn the ground game. I really doubt Mercer is putting in the same effort. Mercer is already really old and has no future in MMA regardless of whether he wins this fight. He's probably just looking to collect one last paycheck. Kimbo, on the other hand, is still pretty young and has enough of a buzz around that he could make some decent money in MMA. I think there's a good chance Kimbo wins this with some sloppy ground and pound.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:26 PM

As was mentioned, Mercer could take a dive. He was implicated in trying to fix a fight earlier in his career, and now he is pushing 50.

IMO, Kimbo is a joke. I watched the videos. What can you get out of KO amateurs in the backyard with bare knuckles, hey, look out for the BBQ!. Yeah, he's scary looking for sure. But when he "fought" that big white boy in the gym, he looked bad, got hit, kneed, gassed and passed out.

I would love to see this fight though, lol. Love a good freakshow.