Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2007, 10:25 PM

Default Re: Joey Chestnut Destroys Kobayashi\'s World Record!!!

[ QUOTE ]
I'm actually inclined to pick Chestnut as a favorite. If you compare his recent world record with his performance at the 2006 Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest there is a clear difference between the number of regurgitations between each hotdog eaten. In the recent attempt he has fewer regurgitations and that of course, saves time.

Takeru Kobayashi on the other hand has not evolved since last years championship. I think he is on the decline and I have a hard time picking him as anything other than a substantial underdog.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean by regurgitations? I assume you don't mean throwing up, since that is grounds for a DQ.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:01 AM

this just in - Kobayashi has suffered a jaw injury, making his defense next week uncertain. I smell a heroic comeback!

"A JAPANESE man who set a world record by wolfing down dozens of hot dogs within minutes has suffered a severe jaw injury due to his rigorous training, making his next title uncertain.
Takeru "Tsunami'' Kobayashi said he can only open his mouth to make a gap the size of a fingertip after being diagnosed with jaw arthritis.

In an entry on his blog entitled "Occupational hazard,'' Kobayashi said: "My jaw refused to fight any more.'' "

web page
Old 06-25-2007, 08:09 AM

WOW. This is either a brilliant psyche out attempt by playing possum (perhaps Kobayashi will roll up to Nathans like two minutes before the start???), or Chestnut has legitimately intimidated him, and he is ducking the contest.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
<article removed>

Pulitzer prize worthy. 13 days away, baby!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Jesus Christ that is so [censored] disgusting. Ugggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:49 PM

Kobyashi bitches out after he knows he can no longer compete with chesnut - no pride!
Old 06-25-2007, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this just in - Kobayashi has suffered a jaw injury, making his defense next week uncertain. I smell a heroic comeback!

"A JAPANESE man who set a world record by wolfing down dozens of hot dogs within minutes has suffered a severe jaw injury due to his rigorous training, making his next title uncertain.
Takeru "Tsunami'' Kobayashi said he can only open his mouth to make a gap the size of a fingertip after being diagnosed with jaw arthritis.

In an entry on his blog entitled "Occupational hazard,'' Kobayashi said: "My jaw refused to fight any more.'' "

web page

[/ QUOTE ]no [censored] way this summer is the first i'm in new york no [censored] way is kobayashi not going to be ready oiareghagrhrtjyr
Old 06-25-2007, 03:00 PM

Assuming Kobayashi comes back, I think this will turn out like when Royce Grace fought Matt Hughes in UFC. Kobayashi is a legend for sure, but Chestnut continues to take each performance to a new level.

Like Hughes with Gracie, get ready for Chestnut to usher in a new era in competitive eating.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Assuming Kobayashi comes back, I think this will turn out like when Royce Grace fought Matt Hughes in UFC. Kobayashi is a legend for sure, but Chestnut continues to take each performance to a new level.

Like Hughes with Gracie, get ready for Chestnut to usher in a new era in competitive eating.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you could be wrong here. If Kobayashi is indeed out of the game, then Chestnut has no one to compete against. And we all know that true champions thrive on the competitions and not the prize money. I think Chestnut will stall if he doesn't have Kobayashi (or some one with similar qualities) to compete against. He may even stop competing eventually.

That said, I honestly believe Kobayashi will return. Maybe not immediately, but eventually. And if that happens, God knows what number of hot dogs will end up as the world record.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you could be wrong here. If Kobayashi is indeed out of the game, then Chestnut has no one to compete against. And we all know that true champions thrive on the competitions and not the prize money. I think Chestnut will stall if he doesn't have Kobayashi (or some one with similar qualities) to compete against. He may even stop competing eventually.

That said, I honestly believe Kobayashi will return. Maybe not immediately, but eventually. And if that happens, God knows what number of hot dogs will end up as the world record.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kobayashi might be out this year because he overtrained. He is a warrior and will definitely come back as strong as ever. And Kobayashi is the one who already ushered in a new era of competitive eating. He is the Babe Ruth of competitive eating. When he ate 50 dogs for the first time the record at that time was 25 dogs.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:43 AM

So that could make Joey Chestnut the Henry Aaron of competitive eating?

I like the analogy.