Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 10:17 AM

Default Limits

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Roland, are you ok with me writing the networking stuff tonight?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure, go ahead. I'm glad I don't have to do it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]Will you do the limit-specification stuff? Don't worry about the GUI, since I'll be changing that a bit tonight with the networking. Can you figure-out how to set the lobby to a specified limit? I'll probably add a pull-down menu for that, with the usual .ini addition.

I don't know how we're going to spectate multiple limits. The only way to get $.50/$1 and $4k/$8k in the same window is to add both to your Favorites, and I don't want to dictate what the user puts there. (This also requires them to login, which is crummy.) I think we'll be stuck with one limit per client.
-Sam
Old 02-22-2006, 10:40 AM

Default Re: Limits

[ QUOTE ]
Will you do the limit-specification stuff? Don't worry about the GUI, since I'll be changing that a bit tonight with the networking. Can you figure-out how to set the lobby to a specified limit? I'll probably add a pull-down menu for that, with the usual .ini addition.

I don't know how we're going to spectate multiple limits. The only way to get $.50/$1 and $4k/$8k in the same window is to add both to your Favorites, and I don't want to dictate what the user puts there. (This also requires them to login, which is crummy.) I think we'll be stuck with one limit per client.
-Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I think I could get it to switch limits in the OpenTables sub, but I'd really rather not go there. I don't see any huge advantage to this either - I mean, it's pretty unlikely we can't find 10 good tables of any limit apart from 50/100 - 100/200. It would be overkill.
However, getting one client to open a specific limit on the TreeView and then just, uh, spectate that limit shouldn't be too hard.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
However, getting one client to open a specific limit on the TreeView and then just, uh, spectate that limit shouldn't be too hard.

[/ QUOTE ]Right. This is what I meant. I guess we have to open the right folder on the left and find the right limit in the subtree? It's ... annoying.
-Sam
Old 02-23-2006, 01:41 AM

Default Re: networking

[ QUOTE ]
So, you're saying have another app running which puts files in, say, c:\logs (or some user specified folder) and have this script check that folder?

That's ok, I guess. I'd like this script to stand alone without any other apps. I also don't think the individual file idea is any harder; it shouldn't be hard to write a file called $Machine$.$User$.tables.txt containing the list of tables and the current time. Each cycle, check all the files; if they're newish, concatenate their list with the list of taken tables. If they're oldish, delete the file.
-Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm not referring to another app. Just have each AHK client (this is about multiple AHK clients on multiple machines, right?) write one file per table, instead of having one file per AHK client. Let the OS handle timestamping.

So an AHK client looking for a table to open would look through the list of filenames for files modified in the last, say, 15 minutes. (Windows can do this filter for you in the directory request). Use the names of the files (since they are table names) as your exclusion list when opening table.

When you open a table, write out a new text file with the table name as the file name. If you error on the file open, then you have hit a table which another AHK client chose to open first -- abort and try another table.

Simple, and you don't have to do any reads, parse text, convert to date/times, etc.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:47 AM

We have networking! I uploaded to The OC and my page.

I added a new Client-list to the gui, numbering each client. That way the table-list can show ALL the tables, along with which client is observing which tables.

For the networking-timeout, I set the definition of "old" to be 2 minutes. Shouldn't matter much; it's only important if the app wants to open new tables, and our neighbor is hogging them. There's a slight bug where the old networking files aren't being deleted, but it doesn't block any functionality.

Next on the ToDo list is Limits. I wrote a code stump to let the user specify which game to observe, and I wrote that variable into all the .ini stuff. (You'll see it if you run the code. It calls everything $0.50/$1. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

Regardless, as long as the user's willing to select their limit in the lobby, we now have full, distributed observing. That's pretty cool. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
-Sam
Old 02-23-2006, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We have networking!

That's pretty cool. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
-Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

Very Cool!

By the way, to possibly simplify the limits problem, have you looked at the file C:\Program Files\PartyGaming\PartyPoker\TabConfig.txt ?
Old 02-23-2006, 02:07 AM

I like what you guys have done a lot.

Are you using multiple accounts for each client?
Er, I mean, are your brothers and sisters also running this app on different computers on the network?

And then do you have a distributed poker tracker architecture to go along with this: multiple connections, but one db?
Old 02-23-2006, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you using multiple accounts for each client?

[/ QUOTE ]You won't ever be able to login more than once per account. However, I made a little radio-button to choose between "Login" and "Logout". If logged in, the app will open 10 tables. If logged out, it'll only try to open 4. This way you can open as many windows clients as your machine can handle, logging in on one and logging out on the rest.
-Sam
Old 02-23-2006, 03:01 AM

Running smoothly, SamIAm. Well done.

BTW, there's an AHK-discussion-specific forum up at overcards.com now if you want it. Still virgin.
AHK Forum at Overcards.com

If nobody makes "first thread" by tomorrow, I'll plug in a few peg threads (links to scripts/other threads.)
Old 02-23-2006, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Running smoothly

[/ QUOTE ]Well, there are a couple bugs.

I have 2 clients up now that list eachother's tables, but don't list the clients. (They list themselves as #2, which means they see SOMETHING. I guess it's only really important that they see the tables.) One of these tables is called "". That can't be right. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

There's also a glitch where I sometimes have to go and then stop and then go again.

Whatever. I'll work on these when I've had more sleep.
-Sam
Closed Thread