Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2007, 05:42 PM

Default Re: NBA Finals

As much as I love Lebron and the Cavs (Ohio born and raised), Spurs in 6.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Right now, maybe, but in 10 years, if you look at what they've done, stats, etc. (not to mention ability)... no way.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't ten years from now and Duncan has been amazing every single game of the playoffs...not to mention he has a much better supporting cast. I despise his whiny ass, but he is getting another damn ring.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2 votes for Cavs in four?

[/ QUOTE ]

there's only two people from Cleveland in here??
Old 06-03-2007, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess rooting against a Spurs-Det final made it seem like everyone was from Cleveland.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm from cleveland, but i sensibly voted cavs in five. i think the spurs will win one in the alamodome, probably due to some cheating.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Spurs win unless someone big steps up as a legit #2, cuz Bowen is going to be all over LeBron's azz, and Duncan is waiting down low for those drives, unlike Chris Webber, who likes like an octogenarian by now.

Then again, this is LeBron's time. If not this year, then next year. Or the following. Sick Sick Sick. If I wasn't a Piston fan, I would have been cheering my heart out for him in Game 5 too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I don't think he pulls it off this time, although it's a slight possibility if he gets some help like he did in Game 6. In the next few years, though.....we've got another Jordan on our hands, guys.

If LeBron loses in the Finals this year, I'll say this - it'll be the last one he'll lose for a long, long time. The rest of the league's window of opportunity is slamming shut quickly after this series.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LBJ is great.

This guy is better:

[/ QUOTE ]

Duncan's better now. Slightly. James is more talented. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, any non-LeBron team that was thinking about winning some NBA titles had better do it -really- quickly, because the window's closing, fast.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If LeBron loses in the Finals this year, I'll say this - it'll be the last one he'll lose for a long, long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd gladly put money on this. I love LBJ but he probably won't be the best player in the league next year either, thinking he is going to just start snagging title after title is a little perplexing to me.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:58 AM

Spurs in 5.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:00 AM

The hot thing about the Cavs making the finals is it makes Cleveland a super hot destination for free agents. I mean really, his team is [censored]. I don't want to hear crap about an underrated supporting cast. Z is an above average center nearing his last leg, and yet, the style of play that best suits him (slow pace, half court sets) is the opposite of what Lebron should be doing (open court play). Boobie is a good bench player, good shooter, Bron seems to like him, but he's no big deal. Hughes is an overpaid piece of crap. Gooden would be OK if he played within himself, but he's always out to prove he's superman and does retarded crap. Sasha's got a future, though he still makes bonehead mistakes and is a major defensive liability. Varejao does what he does well. Damon, Donyell = crap.

The Cavs should only get better, while the Heat and Pistons look to worsen. The east should be wide open for them, but they need upgrades at most positions.