Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2007, 12:22 PM

Default Re: Serious Thread again: WORST PAIN YOU\'VE EVER FELT

Having a big [censored] needle put in my lower back, MANY [censored] TIMES.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:26 PM

The worst thing I can remember was getting stung by fire coral. In the general scheme of pain, it probably isn't half as bad as most of these, but I remember not being able to walk and being fairly sure that it was some poisonous jellyfish sting that was going to kill me. Even after the pain dies down after a few days, you still get these weird shocking pains in the area spordacially. Luckily I only got it on my ankle, some people get their whole body covered in it.

FireCoral:

It Burns, It Burns!!!!

Although it can be quite painful, a sting from Fire Coral is rarely dangerous unless accompanied by allergic reaction. In fact, the most serious effects seen after extensive stings are possible nausea and vomiting for two to three hours afterwards. The sting caused by these animals is a result of the injection of a water-soluble, heat affected, proteinaceous toxin. The discharged nematocysts cause small welts on the skin with red lesions around the raised areas. Swelling, blisters, and pus filled encystations may occur soon after being stung. However, all symptoms generally disappear after 24 hours. If stung, treatment consists of a breakdown of the protein by soaking the affected area in hot water, swabbing the welts with vinegar, or applying a paste of meat tenderizer. After initial treatment, topical anesthetics may be applied to ease the burning sensation. It may also ease suffering to repeatedly issue forth numerous expletives in a loud voice.

Pretty good sense of humor for a page about home aquariums.

From http://www.reefs.org/library/aquariu...96/1096_2.html
Old 05-29-2007, 12:30 PM

Dengue fever in El Salvador. I spent the night shivering, sweating and praying to God to kill me. And I'm an atheist.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread made me realize that I'm pretty lucky, since I can't really recall any super horrible pain.

That would mean my answer would have to be some emo [censored], and that would be GAY.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm in the same boat. never had a broken bone or other bad injury. i also have a pretty high tolerance for pain (when i was 11 or 12 i had a few cavities done without novacaine. worst pain for me is probably getting hit in the nuts while playing third base in a baseball game. cup wasn't in the right place and the edge kind of smashed into one of my balls.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:39 PM

While go-karting, I took a turn too fast. My kart started flipping over, and I put my hand out to balance myself. The kart fell over, and I ended up scraping my hand on asphalt. A broke a bone in my middle finger, and the nail came off.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:39 PM

I get my wisdom teeth out in 3 days, and I'm gonna try and do it without painkillers so I can make it to my friend's birfday party that night. (no I will take anaesthetics, but I will still attempt to go out 10 hours later)
Old 05-29-2007, 12:41 PM

Dislocating my knee playing dodgeball, with my knee-cap ending round the back of my leg, and staying there for about 30 minutes. Seriously, I've broken many a bone and they were a bloody walk in the park compared to that.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:51 PM

Got elbowed in the face playing a pickup game of basketball it knocked all my upper front teeth in, my mom called my orthadontist he opened up his shop and met us in the middle of the night to reset my teeth and put braces on them. Since this was the middle of the night he didn't have any of the novacaine or whatever it is they shoot you up with out so he reset my teeth without using any, consequently I broke one of the the arms of the chair I was sitting in trying not to yell.

Another time, in warmups before a baseball game in HS I took a fly ball directly off the end of my pinky. I got back to the end of the line thinking that my finger had been jammed so I pulled out on it pretty hard and immediately my knees buckled and I got tunnel vision, luckily I was standing next to the fence so I didn't fall over. When I got an X-ray I had broken it just above my second joint and when I pulled out on it it had caused the bone fragment to flip over so that the broken part was against the joint. I ended up having to get a pin in it but before that happened the doctor numbed my hand and tried to set it without surgery, it was pretty cool because he broke his pen trying to use it for leverage to get the bone to move.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This thread made me realize that I'm pretty lucky, since I can't really recall any super horrible pain.

That would mean my answer would have to be some emo [censored], and that would be GAY.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm in the same boat. never had a broken bone or other bad injury. i also have a pretty high tolerance for pain (when i was 11 or 12 i had a few cavities done without novacaine. worst pain for me is probably getting hit in the nuts while playing third base in a baseball game. cup wasn't in the right place and the edge kind of smashed into one of my balls.

[/ QUOTE ]

No joke man, cups are worthless, I used to catch and took a few random foul balls off my nuts and EVERY [censored] time it managed to somehow catch one of my balls... That was a big part of the reason I started pitching in HS. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-29-2007, 12:56 PM

dental pain. no contest.