Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2007, 09:48 AM

Default Re: found this slow play amusing

[ QUOTE ]
I beat these games at a very high rate 10-tabling, so I probably am not a total donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

So out of curiousity, how do you manage to throw Q5 into playable with 10 tables running? I have hard enough time trying to find hands to play if I have that many tables going.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You say it like opening Q5s utg is somehow expert.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well technically, if durrr et al. made such a play, all of you would have bonors about that expert play...
Old 05-24-2007, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Theoretically, you should play every hand from every position in FR > 0% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]Seriously? Care to elaborate?
Old 05-24-2007, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Theoretically, you should play every hand from every position in FR > 0% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]Seriously? Care to elaborate?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I said theoretically...
Old 05-24-2007, 11:25 AM

villain put you on a draw, only draw hit the turn.

you both suck
Old 05-24-2007, 10:18 PM

Of course I know that I made a nonstandard raise, which is partly why the hand was amusing. I obviously know what the "correct" hands to raise with are.

FR at $25NL-$400NL is just full of ABC nits. In NL with fairly deep stacks, postflop play is important.

People make reads like he raised from early position, he has 99+, AQ+. I make some raises with random suited cards to confuse those reads.

I usually raise suited connectors/gappers like 86s or K9s rather than Q5s. Just felt like raising it this time.

If I take the pot with a cbet or whatever, it doesn't matter what I have, and sometimes I win a big hand when I connect in a bizarre way.

Raising Q5s is probably not profitable in itself, but it sets up more action for my good hands. It also has a psychological effect.

Villain in this hand also didn't take advantage of the my play, by not reraising preflop and by not making a real bet with his set. He slow played it with draws on the board and got outdrawn. I maybe should have bet more on the river, but I didn't know villain had much from his tiny bets, which was probably a bad read.

My posts and play are respected in the MTT forums and full ring. I have 7 5-figure cashes in tournamnents in the last year, so I am probably not a total donk, although perhaps you look down on "donkament" success.