Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2007, 05:31 PM

Default Re: What I\'ve Learned.

[ QUOTE ]
It's not enough to work out how to live well. You have to actually do it.

I am aware a happy life would involve exercising; making good meals with varied fresh ingredients; seeing my friends as much as possible; reading great novels; not spending too long online; cutting out any destructive vices from my life; embracing my creativity, and not being afraid. But the fear stops me from doing any of the preceeding things.

Recognising a problem is not the same as solving it.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the worst parts about being smart (and I love being smart) is that you are often better at noticing the problems you have, but no better off at fixing them than the idiots around you.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:18 PM

As William Bruce Rose Jr. said, "I don't worry about nothing, because worrying's a waste of my time!"

It's true though. Nothing is ever as bad as you fear.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:23 PM

good stuff here, from some seemingly wise folks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

On that note, I've learned that my parents are people, concerned with what's best for me, and not nearly as wrong in that regard as I'd imagined them to be.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:46 PM

At least for me this is true, tell your parents you love them and spend as much quality time with them as possible. You have no idea how much you will miss them when they are gone.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Simply being polite and acknowledging people in the service industry often pays big dividends in terms of service levels received.

[/ QUOTE ]

really wanna echo this one as well as saying thank you and meaning it. When you do this stuff and you are genuine, you feel great and get rewarded exponentially.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:04 PM

You don't get what you want just because you get older.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:37 PM

This works believe it or not:

If someone dislikes you for no reason and you want to change that, then say something nice about that person. You can say it directly to the person or to someone who will tell the person. I think it is better to say it to a third party.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If someone dislikes you for no reason and you want to change that, then say something nice about that person. You can say it directly to the person or to someone who will tell the person. I think it is better to say it to a third party.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is very good advice.

James
Old 05-22-2007, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I could be wrong, but I've found DOING something nice for the other person doesn't really work in correcting someone that dislikes you. They usually don't appreciate help from someone they don't like.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Most of the interesting people I know still don’t know what to do with their life. I’m always very wary of young people who have all the answers. Best to keep them at a distance.

[/ QUOTE ]
Adsman, care to elaborate on that? I don't really understand what you mean by that.

[ QUOTE ]
even if the bet you have out there is enormous, and you have little money left that is not on the table, and you're up nicely but this could change that, and you're not sure what you will do if you lose, you just have to double down if you're supposed to.

[/ QUOTE ]
This made me think. It's interesting.