Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2007, 12:59 PM

Default Re: Jamie Gold losses on HSP, ARod sighting and other Bellagio gossip

[ QUOTE ]
-Jamie Gold reportedly lost 550k playing the new taping of HSP this week. i dont know who he lost it to though. im also not sure who else is in the game. if i hear anything else ill mention it.

-ARod was at the bellagio today playing 10/20nl. he refused to play a shorthanded 25/50 game so they actually made it 10/20 for him. he bought in for 3k or so and got all his money in with a set vs a draw and lost. i dont think he lost any more money other than that and a 2p2er said he played decent. pretty odd seeing him play at the bellagio when he had a game yesterday and has another one tommorow.

[/ QUOTE ]

$25 million a year plus endorsements and this guy is worried 25-50 is too big.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:02 PM

Default Re: HSP Jamie Gold gossip and ARod sighting

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
who is arod?

[/ QUOTE ]

Arod Naseef, an Arab billionaire sand exporter.

He's got pretty sick game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that by Arod, we mean Alex Rodriguez, star of the Yankees. Having a sick season so far. I thought he sometimes plays in the big game?
Old 05-15-2007, 01:06 PM

you have to respect a guy who doesnt want to give money away to a bunch of degenerate gamblers who contribute nothing to society. not everyone has to play the biggest game just because they can afford it, although it certainly would be nice.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-Jamie Gold reportedly lost 550k playing the new taping of HSP this week. i dont know who he lost it to though. im also not sure who else is in the game. if i hear anything else ill mention it.

-ARod was at the bellagio today playing 10/20nl. he refused to play a shorthanded 25/50 game so they actually made it 10/20 for him. he bought in for 3k or so and got all his money in with a set vs a draw and lost. i dont think he lost any more money other than that and a 2p2er said he played decent. pretty odd seeing him play at the bellagio when he had a game yesterday and has another one tommorow.

[/ QUOTE ]

$25 million a year plus endorsements and this guy is worried 25-50 is too big.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, what a nit.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:46 PM

So does everyone play the game they "can" afford. I don't see Bill Gates running up to play 1 million / 2 million, but I'm pretty sure he can afford a huge loss if needed. I think it's been reported he plays 3/6 limit in Vegas. 25/50 is a good enough limit that you get a solid game and he can fill a little burn if he does lose. Hell look at Barkley and the drunk golfer from Memphis and look how much they have both blown, is that good as well that the golfer basically played over his head and Barkley has blown through a ton of money. I think I'd rather be in A-Rods shoes playing a little lower than degeneracy.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So does everyone play the game they "can" afford. I don't see Bill Gates running up to play 1 million / 2 million, but I'm pretty sure he can afford a huge loss if needed. I think it's been reported he plays 3/6 limit in Vegas. 25/50 is a good enough limit that you get a solid game and he can fill a little burn if he does lose. Hell look at Barkley and the drunk golfer from Memphis and look how much they have both blown, is that good as well that the golfer basically played over his head and Barkley has blown through a ton of money. I think I'd rather be in A-Rods shoes playing a little lower than degeneracy.

[/ QUOTE ]

1,000,000/2,000,000? LOL Donkaments. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-15-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
who is arod?

[/ QUOTE ]

Arod Naseef, an Arab billionaire sand exporter.

He's got pretty sick game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that by Arod, we mean Alex Rodriguez, star of the Yankees. Having a sick season so far. I thought he sometimes plays in the big game?

[/ QUOTE ]

No..it's Arod Naseef (pronounce Arid). The guy sometimes plays online under the name Purplelipstick.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Purplelipstick

[/ QUOTE ]
excellent!
Old 05-15-2007, 02:30 PM

I have more respect for ARod hearing this, btw, and I'm a complete bankroll degen.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:34 PM

Wonder if the yankees knew about this stopover, and if this would make baseball tonight and sportscenter if they got a hold of it.

Why would baseball made a big deal of this?
After the Yankees got bounced from the playoffs by Detroit last fall, the NY Daily News and the NY Post both ran stories on Alex's visiting underground poker rooms.

The Yankees did not express ill feelings towards Arod for playing poker, they expressed concern that he played in an illegal underground poker room.

Alex is a grown man, he can do what he wants in his off time.

When he visited the Borgata a few years back, he played $20-$40 limit, and paid the time for the table. People I know that played with him said he played decent and seemed like a good guy.