Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2007, 01:50 PM

Default Re: Trip report: weekend play at the Wynn & Bellagio 15-30 games

To everyone needling OP for his non-max EV plays:

Not everyone goes to Vegas as a professional poker player (not even everyone who reads 2+2!), looking to squeeze every edge and maximize their winnings. There are tons of folks (heck, most of them) who go there to have fun and blow some cash. And maybe win. There is nothing wrong with this.

This report was absolutely phenomenal, and captured the essence of Vegas poker for "the rest of us". I also don't see how anyone could take the tone of OP's report as somehow espousing poker theory/strategy. I mean, look at this:

[ QUOTE ]
the strategy of RETARD STRENGTH. Retard Strength is an advanced preflop technique based on the gross overbetting of -EV hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Do we really think OP is suggesting the concept of Retard Strength as LHE Theory of the Year?

It was funny, very funny. Don't nit it to death.

Well done, OP. I'd gladly read your writing any day of the week.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Sorry ladies, those hands dont lie no matter how much effort you spend hiding your Adams apples.

I choose to defend for massive meta equity

I checkraise for great justice because I can read this bitch from space.

Ship me the filthy lucre.

white boy throws his chips onto the felt like hes tossing diamonds to a swimming pool filled with whores,

the free Orange Julius was dope as hell so I cant really be too upset.

This wasnt meta game, it was fiscal chicken with a Sherman tank. He got power raped, over and over. [censored] was wicked.

My eyes are literally watering from her god aweful perfumeahol

Trappy bets into me, which smacked of brain damage, so I reraised her like whoa and I guess priced her out of her flush draw, as she folded fast,

This was really quite ass

Im thinking dentists, of sea lions, of Van Goghs broken heart, then I imagine a pack of wolves sodomizing her in an abandoned parking lot. I accidently imagine her enjoying it and start to get a hardon so I begin thinking of sea lions again.

morbidly obese middle aged white man who probably uses a stack of rejected screenplays for a pillow at night,

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude... awesome
Old 05-15-2007, 09:44 PM

a couple of quick points;

first off i want to say its really awesome that some of you enjoyed the report, it means a lot to me to get feedback like that, and ill try to put together some more.

a few responses to comments:

- terrible play, the hands listed in no way should be interpreted as my standard play. in fact, the reason i mention them is because they were non standard and were relevant to specific situations or circumstances that i never really encountered before. i felt that i was making very strong reads generally. in fact, Skinny himself commented on how i was taking really atrocious beats the previous night, as my reads were generally very accurate post flop, they just didnt hold up to bad luck.

- tilting/outside my bankroll. yeah ill cop to both. im a fairly unstable person emotionally and my bankroll on many occasions has been what i brought to the table. im the last person to give advice, but often there is a method (perverse tho it may be) to my madness. i have a really, really good job (knocked on wood just now) and it affords me the opportunity to play outside my roll. the truth is i generally play better at limits where the pot size means something to me. hyper-lag opponents are my achilles heal, and many of the hands i described were my ways of trying to change my game to deal with them, and yes they tilt me sideways.

- arrogance. i feel i gave good players credit where due, and visa versa. the whole concept of "i consider myself smarter than such and such" is actually kind of absurd, since all that matters at the end of the day is the win rate in this game, and i held my own. there are some monsteriously dumb people in the world and a disproportianate number seem to end up playing poker these days. many of them, however, are much better players than me, and i certainly give them respect if they outplay me. im a fundamentally intollerant person to be honest when it comes to certain types of behavior, and a total social misfit to boot. the average toothless junky begging for change with a tin can has ten times the social skills as me. so if i rip on someone, grain of salt it, because just about anyone with a steady girlfriend and a car is miles ahead of me in the great race of life. (thats my way of apologizing to anyone who was offended btw).
Old 05-15-2007, 10:56 PM

i enjoyed your trip report. i love all trip reports. But why not just write it in a matter of fact way? It comes across as very arrogant, how can you not see that? but I'm also sure that INDEED YOU PLAY MUCH BETTER THAN MOST OF THESE PLAYERS IN THAT GAME. But why do you "new generation' 2+2ers write trip reports so arrogantly? Im reminded of when that kid from here that finished 2nd in the aussie millions said that Gus hanson FEARED HIM! yeah Gus really feared him. but thats another story. by the way have you played at the venetion yet? I have a couple of friends i havent seen since 2002 that are supposed to be regulars there. Flip and eddie and mike fishman.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But why do you "new generation' 2+2ers write trip reports so arrogantly?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
facepull

Reged: 01/22/07

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously?

At least his had paragraphs.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i enjoyed your trip report. i love all trip reports. But why not just write it in a matter of fact way?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who wants to read a documentary?
Old 05-16-2007, 01:57 AM

ah i was a member in 1998 my friend.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But why do you "new generation' 2+2ers write trip reports so arrogantly?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
facepull

Reged: 01/22/07

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously?

At least his had paragraphs.

[/ QUOTE ]

A+
Old 05-16-2007, 02:29 AM

meta you are such a idiot. i was a member in 1998 using my real name. please lets end this thread from here okay?
Old 05-16-2007, 10:11 AM

hi Kurt,

I would venture to guess that FacePull has been around the poker community since before a majority of the newer posters.