Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2007, 02:07 PM

Default Re: AI:Fixed?

[ QUOTE ]
So is Hellmouth a character from something? Or is it THE Hellmouth from Buffy the Vampire Slayer? These are very important questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Call it an homage to the time where I got up and watched buffy with my breakfast and thought that "play poker like the pros" was the nutz.

Greg
Old 05-14-2007, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So is Hellmouth a character from something? Or is it THE Hellmouth from Buffy the Vampire Slayer? These are very important questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Call it an homage to the time where I got up and watched buffy with my breakfast and thought that "play poker like the pros" was the nutz.

Greg

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a big fan of all that is BTVS!
Old 05-15-2007, 10:09 AM

I have become increasingly interested in the idea that AI voting is not very transparent. I have found many references to the AI "disclaimer" but no one has actually posted the text that I can find. The AI FAQ page does mention that they can eliminate votes deemed to have been made by power dialers.

Is anyone going to tape the disclaimer at the end of the show tonight? One article mentioned that the text was too small to read. Someone with Hi def and a big screen maybe? I'll try as well. I just want to know what it says.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/articl...System_Rigged_

The Howard 100 News team (reporters who follow only Stern-related news) pointed to a buried paragraph of fine print found in American Idol’s frequently asked questions:

Production will have in place weekly monitoring procedures designed to prevent individuals from unfairly influencing the outcome of the voting by generating significant blocks of votes using technical enhancements. The producers reserve the right to remove any identified ‘power dialling’ votes.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:36 PM

You're actually making an argument that the show is going out of their way to make sure the voting is *fair*, not that it's rigged. This is par-for-the-course standards & practices.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:44 PM

Howard 100 news is now reporting inside sources state that Blake is going home this week. Before voting starts again.

http://www.howardstern.com/archive.hs?h=493

Howard 100 News continues to investigate what the real deal is with American Idol. Does your vote count? According to two sources inside the hit FOX show, Howard 100 News can now report the expected departure of contestant Blake Lewis this week. Blake’s exit is reportedly a done deal even before Idol fans have a chance to vote, if our sources are correct. One of them was right on the money last week when Howard 100 News revealed Lakisha Jones was a goner before American’s even voted; adding fuel to the firestorm of suspicion that American Idol may be fixed. The sources also describing the vibe inside American Idol these days, claiming contestant Jordin Sparks being treated like a big star on set. FOX Television sill has not responded to questions from Howard 100 News.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:49 PM

Nigel Lythgoe has commented on the producer's discretion to discount power-dialed votes, saying this discretion has never been used. This was at the start of the season, and it would take me a while to dig up the interview.

You have to remember that neither the producers nor the general public are looking at this from a gambling perspective, in all likelihood. That's why to me it seems like the simplest explanation is that the voting is actually fair. It would be really nice if they revealed vote totals, or at least ranked all the contestants, but the producers are more concerned with maximizing drama by withholding information than they are with offering transparency for handicapping purposes. This is just my opinion, and many disagree.

edit: Blake is almost at -200 to go home this week. Howard going out on a limb yet again?
Old 05-15-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Howard 100 news is now reporting inside sources state that Blake is going home this week. Before voting starts again.

http://www.howardstern.com/archive.hs?h=493

Howard 100 News continues to investigate what the real deal is with American Idol. Does your vote count? According to two sources inside the hit FOX show, Howard 100 News can now report the expected departure of contestant Blake Lewis this week. Blake’s exit is reportedly a done deal even before Idol fans have a chance to vote, if our sources are correct. One of them was right on the money last week when Howard 100 News revealed Lakisha Jones was a goner before American’s even voted; adding fuel to the firestorm of suspicion that American Idol may be fixed. The sources also describing the vibe inside American Idol these days, claiming contestant Jordin Sparks being treated like a big star on set. FOX Television sill has not responded to questions from Howard 100 News.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 05-15-2007, 06:40 PM

Wow Howard's inside souces revealed that Lakisha was going home last week. How did they ever predict that. I hoped otherwise but even I knew she was going home last week. Now another odds on favorite is predicted. Stop the presses!!
Old 05-15-2007, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow Howard's inside souces revealed that Lakisha was going home last week. How did they ever predict that. I hoped otherwise but even I knew she was going home last week. Now another odds on favorite is predicted. Stop the presses!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say it would be a surprise. I think it was pretty easy to see even last week the order that people were going home from 4 to 1. Anyways it is not a prediction, it is a leak from inside AI.

Greg