Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 05:52 PM

Default Re: Parenting tip for vegans: please feed the baby vital macronutrient

[ QUOTE ]
From the book I gave earlier:
"There is a sodium coating covering
the entire inside wall of the stomach, which, if it remains intact, will prevent the digestive juices from
digesting the stomach itself. However, when any form of flesh food enters the stomach, the meat
attracts the sodium in the same way as the walls of the stomach. Some of the sodium is drawn from the
walls and gathers around the meat, thus preventing the digestion of the meat in the stomach and at the
same time depleting the sodium on the walls of the stomach.

As one continues to eat meat and a deficiency of sodium in the diet occurs, the sodium lining is not being
replaced on the walls of the stomach. The digestive juices then start digesting the stomach, producing
what we call an ulcer. When this occurs, all orthodox methods to heal the ulcer fail completely.

Sometimes the meat can remain in the stomach for two or more hours and begin to ferment and spoil.
To be broken down and digested it must pass on into the small intestine. All forms of meat take longer to
digest than fruit and vegetables do. Chicken and other fowl take the longest of all. Just because meat is
already a form of flesh, it does not follow that it is readily usable by our bodies. In fact, just the reverse
is true. "

You can find all of those vitamins you listed in non-meat products.
B12, which I guess has the most debate can be found in spirulina.

You can find loads of B12 in human poo, you won't catch me eating it ;-)

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure it was a book? Are you sure it wasn't some pseudoscientific babble webpage trying to sell "The Lemonade Diet"?
Old 05-10-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the entire inside wall of the stomach, which, if it remains intact, will prevent the digestive juices from
digesting the stomach itself. However, when any form of flesh food enters the stomach, the meat
attracts the sodium in the same way as the walls of the stomach. Some of the sodium is drawn from the
walls and gathers around the meat, thus preventing the digestion of the meat in the stomach and at the

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly you'll believe anything. Anyone with any knowledge of chemistry knows that sodium and water react violently. If what you said were true, you'd burn a hole in your stomach the next time you drank a glass of water.

The rest of your quote is about as accurate. I'm going to have to go all the way back to last semesters biology class, but meat is mainly a protein, and proteins are broken down into amino acids in the stomach, and then absorbed in the small intestines. The book is correct in that protein disgestion is more complex than carbohydrate digestion, since proteins can't be absorbed directly, but that's true for every animal regardless of it's protein source. By the logic of this book, carniverous animals shouldn't be eating meat either.

Stomach ulcers are not caused by sodium deficiency. Sodium is in salt, about the last thing that Americans are deficient in. So by the "science" of this book, very few Americans should have ulcers.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As one continues to eat meat and a deficiency of sodium in the diet occurs, the sodium lining is not being
replaced on the walls of the stomach. The digestive juices then start digesting the stomach, producing
what we call an ulcer. When this occurs, all orthodox methods to heal the ulcer fail completely.

Sometimes the meat can remain in the stomach for two or more hours and begin to ferment and spoil.
To be broken down and digested it must pass on into the small intestine. All forms of meat take longer to
digest than fruit and vegetables do. Chicken and other fowl take the longest of all. Just because meat is
already a form of flesh, it does not follow that it is readily usable by our bodies. In fact, just the reverse
is true. "
You can find loads of B12 in human poo, you won't catch me eating it ;-)

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently you don't mind reading it. God that quote is retarded.

edit: goddamn I'm slow
Old 05-10-2007, 06:02 PM

gump, these are the type of dangerously stupid people im talking about.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:05 PM

more piling on namespace please!
Old 05-10-2007, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
gump, these are the type of dangerously stupid people im talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, he is making your point quite nicely.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:31 PM

Just read this guy's book and all your questions will be answered.

3 million copies sold, so he has to be right.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:29 PM

I couldn't get motivated to respond to the patheitic sodium ramblings - thanks for taking care of it.

Stupid parents - welcome to my world. 90% of the kids I see are either being actively miscared for by their braindead parents, or at be simply being neglected. I swear to god, if most of these people went into a pet store and wanted to buy a dog, the owner would look them over and turn them down - but they can have as many kids as they want.....

MM MD
Old 05-11-2007, 04:05 AM

i cant imagine how much it would suck to have vegan parents. that has to be twice as bad as having religous parents.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The kid died of malnutrition period. From things I've read, fruits and vegitables contain all of the nutrients your body needs.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, they don't.

[ QUOTE ]

I eat meat, but I believe that a vegan diet is the most healthy way to live life. Some of the strongest animals on earth are vegiterians.

[/ QUOTE ]
wtf does this have to do with anything? lol.