Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2007, 11:56 AM

Default Re: *** 100% SOLVED!!! ***

[ QUOTE ]
What do u guys mean when u say "laggy"? Because Party has been TERRIBLE for me since about mid-March, but i wouldn't call it "laggy" >> more like "crashy". It freezes ALL the time and i have to ctrl-alt-del kill the party process and re-open it and hope that my hand hasn't been folded.

I made another post about this awhile back, but basically, it just stops responding and i get the "internet delay...attempting to reconnect" dialog, but it NEVER reconnects...so as soon as I see it doing that, i just kill the process and restart it.

For me, it doesn't necessarily get worse when i have more tables open (e.g. sometimes it crashes with a SINGLE table open...) but i do think it has something to do with the lobby window, b/c it crashes a ton when the lobby window pops up (usually b/c i close a table, so the lobby automatically pops up)...or alternatively, i might pull up the lobby to find another table, and boom -- freezes.

[/ QUOTE ]
The kind of "lag" I was experiencing was not related to network problems; it was somehow related to sudden spikes of high CPU usage. I never had any "Internet delay" problems and the random crash bug I had in February got fixed a while back (I think it was related to IE7 and the lobby's scrolling spam window).

When I first started a session everything would be fine, but after 20-30 mins I would start to slowly see the client chug more and more, and things like the flashing arrow that shows who is acting would start to "stall". It would then get progressively worse to the stage where when I pressed a button or opened a new table then client would momentarily freeze for about 1/2 a second. If I just kept on playing then eventually the freezes would get worse and worse and ultimately the client would just crash and try to restart itself.

Since I've turned off "font smoothing" and started using 16bit colour while I play everything seems to be working fine again now - possibly even better than it's ever worked before. I'm not sure what is the root cause though and I never had any problems like this at the start of the year on the exact same hardware, so it must be something they did within the last 2/3 updates.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-21-2007, 07:34 AM

Default Re: *** 100% SOLVED!!! ***

Update to latest PAHud.

Empty C:\bla\PokerAceHud\bla\bla\handhistories

And turn off Windows Auto Update.

Sounds weird but it works for me.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:36 AM

Default Re: Can *ANYBODY* actually 12-table at Party without CPU lag?

Im not sure if this helps, but i can 12 table datamine party without even noticing its running
Old 05-21-2007, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Im not sure if this helps, but i can 12 table datamine party without even noticing its running

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, strangely I can datamine on 2/3 other user areas and not notice any difference, but without the 16bit colour trick I could barely play 8 tables. Perhaps it's something to do with the datamining tables being minimized?

Old 05-21-2007, 10:59 AM

how can you play on 12 tables?my party doesn't let me open more than 6 tables at a time
Old 05-21-2007, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how can you play on 12 tables?my party doesn't let me open more than 6 tables at a time

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats weird, on the rotating board thingo on the party client one of the notices says that party now allows 12 tables increasing their cap. I'm sure you may just need to email support if anything
Old 05-27-2007, 01:43 PM

Hrm, just an update on this one. Font smoothing helps things somewhat, but it still lags up in the end. I can't use 16 bit colour because it's too goddamn slow within vmware. Sigh... still task killing it every few hours.
Old 05-27-2007, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hrm, just an update on this one. Font smoothing helps things somewhat, but it still lags up in the end. I can't use 16 bit colour because it's too goddamn slow within vmware. Sigh... still task killing it every few hours.

[/ QUOTE ]
It was working perfectly for me using 16bit colour on Party, but Empire still lags a bit. I think Empire's lobby causes extra lag.