View Poll Results: ATo
raise 21 38.89%
fold 31 57.41%
call 2 3.70%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-07-2007, 11:05 PM

Default Re: ipot implies that shopping for a first date is a bad idea

[ QUOTE ]
yea, here's the problem, if you don't at least make her think it might be a date, you have an incredibly low chance of success, yes low risk, but terribly low chance of reward, something like mini golf is still relativly low risk but is at least date-ish, not to mention more fun for her than picking out ties

[/ QUOTE ]
The thing is, I have the perfect lead in to the tie shopping experience with the comment from the uggo girl to make for an easy transition and to appear as though I just came up with it on the spot.

How would I go about asking a girl to go minigolfing with me when our conversations in class and in the hallway have consisted mostly of nonsense?
Old 05-07-2007, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Someone give me some serious dating advice: There's this girl in my homeroom who is tremendously beautiful. I asked her to a dance last week and she responded "I thought you were gay." I didn't know how to react so I just walked back to my side of the room when she said that. Her friends and some guys from the basketball team who were standing with her started laughing at me as I walked away. So, do I have potential?

[/ QUOTE ]

the "i thought you were gay" part made me [censored] crack up

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-07-2007, 11:07 PM

lol witd delivers again
Old 05-07-2007, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
grando, you can talk to girls without pissing your pants and talking about crop circles.

shopping can be a decent date if you know how to do it right, but in op's case, it won't work.

[/ QUOTE ]
The crop circles thing was a joke, I would never use that in the field, despite the fact that is was good enough for mr. jerry seinfeld.

what would i need to do to make a shopping date work that i am incapable of doing?
Old 05-07-2007, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yea, here's the problem, if you don't at least make her think it might be a date, you have an incredibly low chance of success, yes low risk, but terribly low chance of reward, something like mini golf is still relativly low risk but is at least date-ish, not to mention more fun for her than picking out ties

[/ QUOTE ]
The thing is, I have the perfect lead in to the tie shopping experience with the comment from the uggo girl to make for an easy transition and to appear as though I just came up with it on the spot.

How would I go about asking a girl to go minigolfing with me when our conversations in class and in the hallway have consisted mostly of nonsense?

[/ QUOTE ]first of all, i don't think making fun of an ugly girl is "the perfect lead in" it makes you seem shallow, off the top of my head, you could bring up how sweet discovery zone was (it was effing sweet) and then how much you miss being a little kid, and then ask her if she wants to go mini golfing, i mean, you'd hafta work it in but it doesn't seem that wierd, at least not from my perspective
Old 05-07-2007, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
grando, you can talk to girls without pissing your pants and talking about crop circles.

shopping can be a decent date if you know how to do it right, but in op's case, it won't work.

[/ QUOTE ]
The crop circles thing was a joke, I would never use that in the field

[/ QUOTE ]

lol bad punaments
Old 05-07-2007, 11:11 PM

Shopping will be real cool. You guys will be able to get to know each other. Maybe her new "crush" works at the local sports shop inside the mall and you can go meet him. After that she'll prolly tell you how "hot" or "cool" he is. Then she will most likely complain about how he is such an [censored] to her, and that she wishes he was a nice guy like you. Either way, she is hoping that he will call her this weekend to invite her to his kegger. It will be a growing experience for you two. Sure you didn’t get to bang her, sure you just wasted 5 hours of your time, but you got to hang out with her, and you had NOTHING to lose, right? RIGHT????
Old 05-07-2007, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't necessarily think the shopping thing will place me forever in the friend zone. It was recommended by a female 2p2er as a first date..

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop asking female 2+2ers for advice. Consult someone who knows what they're doing, like Good2CU or Empiremaker2.

You'll be BALLLLLLLLLLLINNNNNNNNN in no time.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't necessarily think the shopping thing will place me forever in the friend zone. It was recommended by a female 2p2er as a first date..

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop asking female 2+2ers for advice. Consult someone who knows what they're doing, like Good2CU or Empiremaker2.

You'll be BALLLLLLLLLLLINNNNNNNNN in no time.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol, you think they would drop by in here?
Old 05-07-2007, 11:14 PM

hi guys, what going on in here? Should i read this?