Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2007, 07:47 AM

Default Re: 117k poker tracker stats..

bip bip...yes i am a robot
bip bip...i am in sleep mode
bip bip... in this forum i see too many rude-man
bip bip... i never post again here
bip bip...i return to my house in saturn planet
bip bip bip bip bi b .....
Old 05-08-2007, 07:55 AM

You guys above check 99 in the BB? Why? :/

Whatever happened to raise preflop in a multiwaypot with a pretty big equity edge?
Old 05-08-2007, 08:00 AM

Sparky you need to just calm down. This is a fun game not work. When you are just starting new players don't always know when to be aggressive or how to read a table. Mostly because they don't have enough hands in and lack the exposure to situations that would make non-ABC plays work. Respond to some hands that have been posted to see where your ideas line up with the forum, get involved with some session reviews, post hands that you are confused about. Understand that just thinking about poker is going to put you ahead of a large percent of the people you play against.

As far as getting blasted goes, it may happen again if you break one of the rules of the forum or say something dumb with too much authority, hell, it's an internet forum it may happen for no reason at all. My advice is to not take it personally. If someone is saying you are doing something really wrong in a snarky way they have probably said the same thing a dozen or two times and are trying to entertain themselves. If you think you are in the right defend yourself, explain your actions, but be willing to accept you may be wrong. Running away isn't going to help your poker game. Being able to defend a position you've taken and change your position if someone shows you a better one is a valuable skill away from the table.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:02 AM

Dude I hope you have rakeback...

1. limp
2. mostly raise (possibly fold)
3. check or raise, meh
4. limp
5. raise
6. raise
Old 05-08-2007, 08:26 AM

Kerowo, I am really calm, I get blasted because I don't have 10K hands. I know this game takes time but with 3000 hands its probably equiv to once a weekend in a B&M for a year. I've got a leak, a bad habit, I want to work on it now. I know starting tables are not the be all end all but if you don't get your money in your vpip will be low, and if you don't raise the same is true for pfr. I review posted hands, I follow the thinking line but without getting in the pot I think I won't move on. I am not a typical player in I started out playing way to many hands, I read and started out tight.

Jago, please explain the sarcasm, the raising suggestions were not mine, they are Ed Miller's, and what does it have to do with rakeback, ie poor play requires help, maybe I get it but like I said they came from Ed. Check the link if you don't believe me.

There a bunch of archieved posted by "Guthrie" talking about the exact same thing and he gets frustrated because no one tells him how to get his numbers up, they just tell him to do it. I pm'ed him, but no responce

Thanks for the dialog, I need it.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:35 AM

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/5646/statsls0.png
If this is at FT you can get 27% rakeback. .27*1100 would be a pretty nice boost to OP's profits.

What sarcasm are you talking about? the rakeback comment and my answers weren't linked in any way, I just wanted to do the quiz. and I did look at the link but what I said was how I would play it, which needless to say probably isn't optimal.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:37 AM

Guthrie asked the wrong question. If you ask: I have K7o on the btn - should I raise? That's unanswerable. Because if it's folded to you, answer is oftne yes, if not, answer is often no. So just posting his CO/Btn hands is pretty useless and shows that he's not understanding what he's being told.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys, I am trying to learn this game and if I get blasted again I just won't hang around here. I have 3000 hands over 5 weeks (I know, not enough hands) but my stats are not changing. I want to learn as I go, I do not want to have 10000 hands and everybody tell me you should have done this or that. I am to tight and do not raise enough ie 18.7/6.1 I basically play starting hands that would fall into the loose table guidelines of SSHE

[/ QUOTE ]

Instead of only using the chart... Play poker against the other players.. A lot of PF raises are isolation raises, so you can get the button and isolate loose passive players. This is player dependent so use your pokertracker and your reads to get an edge against these players.

Your Vpip sounds fine, but you should increase your pfr to isolate weak players..
Old 05-08-2007, 08:43 AM

The reason 3k hands doesn't mean much to most of the folks here is because they don't play B&M, they play on-line and a short session is 3 or 4 hundred hands, a long session is 1 or 2 thousand hands. It's not uncommon to run hot for 3K hands which totally messes you up when you stop running goot, and it will change your numbers as well.

Instead of phrasing the question as a pure stats question, which will get poo pood, phrase it as a pfr question if that is what you are concerned about. "I've noticed my pfr is x% what can I do to bring it up."

Some situations you should be looking at to increase your pfr:
1. Never open limp. Try this for a 5 sessions and see what your comfort level is. About the only thing I OL anymore are pp under 5 and that's only because I play .25/.50 and am comfident I can get away from them post flop.
2. Late position with limpers raise more to buy the button. What is "more?" broadway cards, suited aces down to 8 or 9, pp, suited face cards down to 9.
3. Steal more. If it's folded to you in the blinds raise more. What is "more?" Face cards down to 7 or 8, aces down to 4 or 5, pp.

Try these ranges and see how you feel about them. If you think they are too loose tighten them up, but think about these situations and why you would be opening your raising range.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bip bip...yes i am a robot
bip bip...i am in sleep mode
bip bip... in this forum i see too many rude-man
bip bip... i never post again here
bip bip...i return to my house in saturn planet
bip bip bip bip bi b .....

[/ QUOTE ]

do you even realise that you some good advice and comments on your stats? poker players need develop a think skin at the online, live and on forums. such is life.....if you think this is as bad as it gets then you might be in for a shock. seriously.

the thing with stats posts is that stats are stats and youll notice that sparky is in here having a go and asking specific questions....if he doestn get scared off then he will surely continue to get better at poker quickly.

so im gunna challenge you one more time and if you are serious about getting better at poker then get involved in the forums.....