Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 11:37 PM

Default Re: Awful WSOP news from PokerStars

Wait a second.Is this Stars rule valid only for USA players or for everyone?
Old 05-04-2007, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So what hotel is everyone going to be staying at? Are any Novas going to take up stars on this Treasure Island offer? Is Treasure Island even any good? Why there? If I don't, how much should I expect to pay. I've never been to Vegas and I've never booked a hotel anywhere in my life so I'm stressing already. Any ideas/help would be great.

Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

Treasure Island is *OK*, I mean its a nice hotel, compared to Hotels around the U.S., but as for Vegas strip hotels, its one of the lower budget ones. The pool blows IMO. Obviously Stars is not gonna put you up in the super swanky joints on their own dime.

I dont think there is a poker room there, but its right next to the Wynn, 5 min walk for some side action. However, if you want to get to the MGM/Bellagio area you need a cab unless you like walking for miles in 110 degree heat.

And the Rio is off the strip so no matter where you stay, you'll have to cab it there. PS had a shuttle bus from TI to the Rio every year for their players, not sure if thats still available this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lotsofouts - agree and disagree with different parts.

Agree that TI is a decent enough hotel but not terrific.
Better than the Gold Coast or something at least. It's certainly not a dump or anything close to it.

The pool is certainly completely unspectacular compared with other pools of course.
But saying that 'the pool blows' to people who haven't been to LV may conjure up images of some run-down pool at a Motel 6 or something.
Obviously the TI's pool is pretty decent overall. Just not all that spectacular compared with some other LV pools.

TI does have a small poker-room now. I think they are kind of trying to push some other specialty-type games like crazy-pineapple or something.
Couple of people in the B&M forum have reported having a fun time there. Not going to spread very high stakes though. But the 1/2 or 2/5 NL or whatever it is they have could likely be juicy enough.

TI is 5-10 minutes walk from Wynn and Venetian poker-rooms.
It's about 15-20 minute walk to Mirage poker-room (and they have a TI-to-Mirage shuttle as well...although this might be out-of-order).
TI is probably about 30-35 minutes to Caesar's Palace and Bellagio poker-rooms.

I didn't time it. But I made the walk from bellagio to TI several times during my stay there and it just didn't seem too horrible to me. I don't mind walking though.

Bellagio and MGM aren't really in the same area of the strip imo.

You can definitely walk from TI to the Bellagio but would not want to walk from TI to MGM (or even Bellagio to MGM imo).

Walking from TI to Rio is possible but not advised. You have to walk across the overpass over the interstate. And it's a lot longer than it looks. i came out smelling like exhaust. It sucked. The high was literally 115 on several of the days I was there. It is true what they say about it being a 'dry heat' though.

115 in LV woth 5% humidity didn't feel as horrible as I would have thought.
Certainly not as awful as a 96 degree and 90% humidity day in Memphis which we have all the time in the summer.

Take a cab or shuttle from TI to Rio.

Better yet, may I recommend a car-rental? Seriously, it's probably going to be cheaper than taking cabs around.

It seems like a $30/day car-rental might not be worth it.
But when you consider that it's pretty much an $8-$10 cab-ride to get pretty much anywhere in LV just going 1 way I think you can quickly see how getting a rental might be the better option.

Been to LV twice. Enjoyed it MUCH more when I had my own car.

Those are my observations anyway. Stayed at the TI for 10 days in 2005.
It was okay but I would really prefer to stay in a different strip hotel next time around if I had the option.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:24 AM

I'm kind of curious about how the money stuff works too.
Is Stars somehow going to catch up to you if you don't register yourself into the WSOP?

I'm assuming you still get the $1k in spending money even if you don't show up to get the additional $1k hotel-allowance.

700k FPP's for $11k in cash would be 1.57c per FPP.
This works out to be better than the 1.50c cash-for-points bonus for Supernova players. And also would appear to not involve a play-through requirement either.

If it really works the way it appears then this could be considered similar to a really huge points-for-cash type purchase which is something I would definitely be interested in trying to do.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
TI is 5-10 minutes walk from Wynn and Venetian poker-rooms.
It's about 15-20 minute walk to Mirage poker-room (and they have a TI-to-Mirage shuttle as well...although this might be out-of-order).
TI is probably about 20-25 minute walk to Bellagio.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you're saying that it takes a long time to get from the entrance of the Mirage to its poker room, then this can't be right.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do any of you read the WSOP site? The WSOP added new rules this year. One was no online site that allowed US players to play could not reg. there players for the WSOP. Second no online site that allows US players will be allow to wear there site logo at the WSOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know what new means?
Old 05-04-2007, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and they have a TI-to-Mirage shuttle as well...although this might be out-of-order

[/ QUOTE ]

Has anyone ever actually ridden this?

I have never seen it operational.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
keeps getting worse and worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mr. Positive comes through once again.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and they have a TI-to-Mirage shuttle as well...although this might be out-of-order

[/ QUOTE ]

Has anyone ever actually ridden this?

I have never seen it operational.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was working in November when I was there.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Do you pay taxes on your online poker store purchases???

[/ QUOTE ]

You are supposed to, yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why refunds and rebates are not taxable. The points and store purchases are a basically a rebate of the rake, and seem like the should be tax free just like my cash back on my credit card which I can also redeem in a 'store' they offer.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Do you pay taxes on your online poker store purchases???

[/ QUOTE ]

You are supposed to, yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why refunds and rebates are not taxable. The points and store purchases are a basically a rebate of the rake, and seem like the should be tax free just like my cash back on my credit card which I can also redeem in a 'store' they offer.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would only be true if you declare the rake as income which I severely doubt that you do.