Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Mayweather/De La Hoya fight - interest?

[ QUOTE ]
A really good fight would be Manny Pacquiao fighting Floyd Mayweather at junior welterweight.

Pacquiao's walking around weight is 147 and I'm sure Mayweather can still go down to junior welter which is at 142.

[/ QUOTE ]
This would be a hell of a fight. Not sure if it'll ever happen though.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:49 PM

It's only a big deal to people who are already into sports though. You used to be able to easily get news about boxing matches, even quite ordinary ones, from mainstream outlets. Nowadays, the papers are generally pretty darn bare, and forget magazines unless they're again specializing in sports. Even in sports magazines, as in sports sections of newspapers these days, it can be very hard to find boxing.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:34 PM

I wish there was enough interest that I could find somewhere to watch in Seattle besides my place for $60. No friends are interested except for one "maybe" [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

KJS
Old 05-03-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Saturday May 5th, with a Kentucky Derby without a substantial favorite + this fight, might be the best sports day of the last 10 years.

I am super pumped for this fight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pfft...what about my boy Andrew Golota?
Old 05-03-2007, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wish there was enough interest that I could find somewhere to watch in Seattle besides my place for $60. No friends are interested except for one "maybe" [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

KJS

[/ QUOTE ]

That's how it always is with my friends too. That's why I found other ways of doing it.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:30 PM

haha $60, wow, seems crazy expensive. i would have thought $30 max.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, reminds me of Roy Jones, Jr. back in the day. Sucks there's no competition for him.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, what sucks is that there's plenty of competition, but he hasn't fought anyone who will give him a decent fight(besides Castillo and now De La Hoya...and Judah for a few rounds)

I would love to see him fight Shane Mosley(there's been a lot of talk about this one happening), Ricky Hatton, Miguel Cotto, hell even Margarito. Anyone besides another Baldomir. I think it would be great if he worked towards unifying the titles, probably at 147...now THAT would be awesome.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A really good fight would be Manny Pacquiao fighting Floyd Mayweather at junior welterweight.

Pacquiao's walking around weight is 147 and I'm sure Mayweather can still go down to junior welter which is at 142.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It won't. Manny only moved up to 130 recently, and I doubt Floyd will ever drop below 147 at this point.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It won't. Manny only moved up to 130 recently, and I doubt Floyd will ever drop below 147 at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not only that, but Pacquiao is too good...Floyd wouldn't take the risk of fighting him.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, reminds me of Roy Jones, Jr. back in the day. Sucks there's no competition for him.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, what sucks is that there's plenty of competition, but he hasn't fought anyone who will give him a decent fight(besides Castillo and now De La Hoya...and Judah for a few rounds)

I would love to see him fight Shane Mosley(there's been a lot of talk about this one happening), Ricky Hatton, Miguel Cotto, hell even Margarito. Anyone besides another Baldomir. I think it would be great if he worked towards unifying the titles, probably at 147...now THAT would be awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

He clarified Castillo but good in the second fight. Cotto might be okay. Hatton is always interesting to watch, but he disappointed in his first fight here in America, and his skill level isn't anywhere near Floyd's. I think the only one everyone's really thought would be a good fight for Floyd in a very long time has been Margarito.