Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2007, 05:31 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt refuses to pay me my money

allen - don't forget that there has been speculation that some of these hacked FT accounts might be related to cust-serv there (the hacked accts seem to be only happening on FT...other than that no other real reason for the speculation as far as I know).

He might have zero problem getting his $400 out if he just behaves and figures out what is happening.
But I am kind of reluctant to yell so obnoxiously at someone who may very well be just one button-push away from taking all my money if he were so inclined.

Thinking, "This is my money. They have no right" is not quite the right philosophy imo.

Sure they have no right.
But they also have all the power and can do pretty much what they want to and get away with it.
Realizing you need to play nice with the person holding all your money is the responsible approach.

Same reason I don't yell random, obnoxious insults at cops.
Sure, they technically aren't allowed to throw me in the back of their car and beat the crap out of me.
They have no right!!
But cops have a lot of power and if they wanted to do that they could probably get-away with it.
Hence, the reason it's a bad idea to yell obnoxious stuff at cops...or at people who have your money.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, strictly speaking, it's libel, not slander (slander is spoken, libel is written), and it's not a crime, it's a tort (a tort is an act for which you can be sued).

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, fair enough...I was going to look it all up and make sure I got the terms right, like the nit that I am, but OP had me so annoyed I was in a hurry. I think my point stands, though. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

OP, FTPSean just responded to a FT thread in the bonuses forum...maybe you should take 30 seconds out of your busy day and PM him. Or maybe you'll get lucky and he'll find this thread himself.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Remember, anytime you will react in such fashion, any CS rep will retaliate 100x

They do not care, you are just another gambler for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

That may well be the case. However, while I freely admit that I lost my cool, I remain determined in the future to more calmly and rationally post about my experiences as long as they persist in keeping my money.

If people want to post insults at me in response, then that's fine, but I won't respond to such insults any further. From here on out, any posts I make on this topic will be simply to inform other poker consumers so they can make their own choices.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
allen - don't forget that there has been speculation that some of these hacked FT accounts might be related to cust-serv there (the hacked accts seem to be only happening on FT...other than that no other real reason for the speculation as far as I know).

He might have zero problem getting his $400 out if he just behaves and figures out what is happening.
But I am kind of reluctant to yell so obnoxiously at someone who may very well be just one button-push away from taking all my money if he were so inclined.

Thinking, "This is my money. They have no right" is not quite the right philosophy imo.

Sure they have no right.
But they also have all the power and can do pretty much what they want to and get away with it.
Realizing you need to play nice with the person holding all your money is the responsible approach.

Same reason I don't yell random, obnoxious insults at cops.
Sure, they technically aren't allowed to throw me in the back of their car and beat the crap out of me.
They have no right!!
But cops have a lot of power and if they wanted to do that they could probably get-away with it.
Hence, the reason it's a bad idea to yell obnoxious stuff at cops...or at people who have your money.

[/ QUOTE ]

100% Agreed.

Unfortunately with these companies, you are not in control for the most time. You are their bitch. You have two choices: play good & hope for the best + kiss their ass or bitch moan, scream and not get any of your money.

It's risky business.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, as a lawyer I think I know what I can and not not post.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I used to wonder why people hate lawyers... [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Why the freak out?

Maybe the file got corrupted when they downloaded it.

Send it again.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way this guy's a lawyer. He's not bright enough to keep a job at McDonald's, let alone get through law school.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:36 PM

rigel,

you honestly think it's more likely that full tilt is trying to steal your money than that there was a problem somewhere in the process of you scanning and sending them your documents and them receiving and opening the file? jesus christ.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately with these companies, you are not in control for the most time. You are their bitch. You have two choices: play good & hope for the best + kiss their ass or bitch moan, scream and not get any of your money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you can simply choose to play on Pokerstars, in which case (at least based on my experiences this very day) you get a check within a week drawn on a reputable US bank, with no hassle and no worries.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:42 PM

I don't even see why he needs to get in touch with FTPSean yet.

The cust-serv person at FT already told him what to do.
He said, "Sorry, we couldn't read it. Please send it again."

OP - fwiw, you don't have to get the document re-scanned at Kinko's. You can just send it again and see if it goes through better this time.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:45 PM

Also - I had a similar situation at WSEX that I just remembered.
My first scan of my documents didn't go through. My outlook-express had some virus in it I think.

It looked fine in my sent-folder. But it was total scrambled gibberish on their end.
They said, "Please send it again."
So I did (this time I logged onto my e-mail via firefox instead of using outlook-express) and it went through fine.

Site tells me they can't read the document -
My reaction: Oh. Okay. Send it again. Sorry about that.
OP's reaction: WHAT HORRIBLE CROOKS OBVIOUSLY OUT TO KEEP MY MONEY!!!!
Old 05-02-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't even see why he needs to get in touch with FTPSean yet.

The cust-serv person at FT already told him what to do.
He said, "Sorry, we couldn't read it. Please send it again."

OP - fwiw, you don't have to get the document re-scanned at Kinko's. You can just send it again and see if it goes through better this time.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're likely right, but OP was so bent out of shape, it seemed like a better idea than giving up.

At the same time, while I think he should resend the file, the other thread I posted a link to earlier makes me think this may not work, and there might be some real file-handling issues over at FT. Nothing shady, just an inexplicable inability to receive files properly.