Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 09:39 PM

Default Re: ***May Low Content Thread*** - Cwar brag thread.

[ QUOTE ]
how close is this to sustainable for a good player?

edit: fwiw i didnt run particularly hot but 50 games= nothing so basically brag post+ what kind of ROI can good players get at the $50-$100 turbo HU SNGs

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this sustainable? Lol.

Edit: Fixed pic
Old 05-08-2007, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
value shove amirite?

[/ QUOTE ]

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

25,079,717 games 12.750 secs 1,967,036 games/sec

Board: 7h 8c 9h
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 46.713% 45.96% 00.76% 11525621 189918.50 { KhJc }
Hand 1: 53.287% 52.53% 00.76% 13174259 189918.50 { 5h4h }

[/ QUOTE ]

ya i know that but its still a value shove cuz he bricked and K hi would have been good. also he plays any FD that way .

sick sick sick run at the $33s man
Old 05-08-2007, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So I'm seriously considering playing the $33+1.50 turbo HU matches instead of getting a crappy minimum wage slave labor summer job.

[/ QUOTE ]

well that is exactly what I am doing now. It is getting tough. Had a rough few days where I was just too partied out or tilted to play. And you really have to play alot to make enough money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I try to avoid the "regulars" when I play. I'm almost always the 2nd person to sign up for a match: if I notice the 1st is playing multiple tables or is a name I've seen a few times, I avoid that player and wait for the next turbo to open up. I also keep a list of bad players who I will go out of my way (opening up a 3rd table even, I usually play two) to play against if they sign up. I have about a 63% winrate this summer so far -- albeit not a big sample yet, and I'd imagine my real winrate is slightly lower.

The result of this is being simultaneously min-3bet by the villian in the big blind pre-flop at both my tables. Twice.

Also, you go by "LOLBillFrist", right? I remember opening up a registration screen, seeing your name, and not playing because I'm not going to play against anyone with "Bill Frist" in their username. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I think I've recognized one or two other 2p2 names and declined to play them also.

That all said... ya I tilt pretty hard and get discouraged more easily than a lot of players, so we'll see what happens when my first big downswing or 100 game breakeven stretch hits.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always sit first. Yes I am LOLBillFrist. mostly the good players avoid me, which is nice. I think it actually helps to have an obv 2+2 name. I love my screenname, and my avatar. (angry pic of bill frist). Here is how I have been running since starting my $10k in 3 months challenge. I started on the 18th. More details in blog in my profile.

it seems that i suck. oh well. Most of this is two tabling, but i have done a lot of 1tabling as well.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I always sit first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some unsolicited advice... I wouldn't sign in first when playing at higher levels, like the 55s. I'd advocate waiting for a chump to sit down in the higher stakes tables. Sharkscope is good for identifying players who are either inexperienced at HU or experienced but still bad.

If you've got an edge over the average player at lower stakes (PT shows you do) I reckon you'll have a similar edge over weaker higher stakes players.

The downside to this is having to kick your heels a bit between games. Worth trying out for a few days?
Old 05-09-2007, 04:10 PM

Very fun hand from start to session. I definetly am doomswitching today. Villain was horrible LAG. Had raised to 240 twice.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button (t1630)
Hero (t1370)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t60</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t195</font>, Button calls t135.

Flop: (t390) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t250</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t1435</font>, Hero calls t925 (All-In).

Turn: (t3000) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t3000) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t3000

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 9h 9s (full house, nines full of jacks).
Button has 3s Js (full house, jacks full of tens).
Outcome: Button wins t3000. </font>
Old 05-10-2007, 12:31 AM

Interesting point about the obvious 2+2 names for HU. I think this is probably +EV here where it is usually -EV in a 6-max game.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:56 AM

I haven't played poker since I last posted in this thread.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I always sit first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some unsolicited advice... I wouldn't sign in first when playing at higher levels, like the 55s. I'd advocate waiting for a chump to sit down in the higher stakes tables. Sharkscope is good for identifying players who are either inexperienced at HU or experienced but still bad.

If you've got an edge over the average player at lower stakes (PT shows you do) I reckon you'll have a similar edge over weaker higher stakes players.

The downside to this is having to kick your heels a bit between games. Worth trying out for a few days?

[/ QUOTE ]

I mostly sit first. The sharks are usually the ones who check you out and if your ROI is positive will avoid you, so the people who do sit with you are normally donks. I hate waiting for a prime donk only to find someone else scoped him quicker and sat already.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:21 AM

Do some of you pros play HU sngs exclusively (or close to it)? If so what's considered a good target for matches per day/week/month?

Sorry for the newbish Q but I'm used to cash games and thinking in terms of hands/month...
Old 05-10-2007, 02:30 AM

IMO 30 games per day is a good target for 55s or higher professionally.

That's 210 games a week and at a 60% winrate you're making 2310-525 rake = 1,785 bucks a week. That's probably on the high side as to what a lot of the good successful HUSNG players play on this forum a week IMO, but seems like a very profitable and doable target for a professional HU SNGer.

Of course if you play higher and have a slightly lower winrate that generates you more money per game you can obviously make more money per week playing a good number less games.

I've just always felt 210 is a great professional target for a 60% winner at a decent stake.
Closed Thread