Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2007, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Question about real mafia(semi-long)

I don't get why everyone rips on Scions so much. I have an '06 tC and love it.
Old 04-29-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He's probably a legit mobster's [censored]-hole cousin who works in the family deli.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is near exactly what I was thinking...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. I've heard this kind of thing delivered in substantially similar fashion from douchebags a few times. From a guy who had real power beyond the reach of his own fist, I doubt you hear anything like this delivered in anything like this way.
Old 04-29-2007, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He's probably a legit mobster's [censored]-hole cousin who works in the family deli.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. I've heard this kind of thing delivered in substantially similar fashion from douchebags a few times. From a guy who had real power beyond the reach of his own fist, I doubt you hear anything like this delivered in anything like this way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you guys are giving OC too much credit, there is some heirarchy, but it def isnt the para-military organization it once was, ecspecially in chicago/la grange/cicero/rockford, its very loose, adn there is structure but not really. Im sure this guy is some half-ass associate, and is nothing to worry about, but there are a lot of guys who arent "made" that could ask a favor if they know the right people, and trust me, its not hard to get to know the right people if you know how to make money.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you guys are giving OC too much credit, there is some heirarchy, but it def isnt the para-military organization it once was, ecspecially in chicago/la grange/cicero/rockford, its very loose, adn there is structure but not really. Im sure this guy is some half-ass associate, and is nothing to worry about, but there are a lot of guys who arent "made" that could ask a favor if they know the right people, and trust me, its not hard to get to know the right people if you know how to make money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chicago Organized crime has always been very loose and less organized than NY organized crime. There is no familial hierarchy and it is more of a freelance style organized crime. In turn ethnicity is not as much of a factor either. While these people may not be truely "La Costra Nostra", the same implications may be in effect.

With that said, this dude is most likely neither.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:17 PM

Any mob guy with any clout whatsoever certainly isn't going to be shooting mhis mouth off about it to some Circuit city worker. Period. Dude is just some clown.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Be careful anyhow..he sounds like a wacko.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this thread in its froth to nail a poseur has missed the point. If the guy were someone from "Goodfellas", would he rather it be a wannabe like the Joe Pesci character, or cold, calculating "real mafia" Paul Sorvino. The latter is essentially harmless to strangers because he can never put himself in a position to get caught.

That being said, you can't live your life worrying about these things, and it is probably nothing.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He did that, but want I was talking about was how he flaunted his status and sucked up attention from the news media. He acted like he was a friggin celebrity or paris hilton or some [censored]. He was smilin for the photographers and had nicknames like 'The Dapper Don' and 'The Teflon Don'. You might not be old enoungh to remember this stuff but I am, he was gossiped about more than most celebrities...and he friggin loved the attention.

That made him a lightening rod for the FBI and whatever other police agency that was being made a fool of by him flaunting his gangster ways on the front page of the newspapers.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I know.