Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2007, 05:31 AM

Default Re: Live HU vs Phil Laak (spew?)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm of the school of thought that since Poker is nearly a pure mathematics game

[/ QUOTE ]

If I could create a bot that would follow whatever logic you gave it, and I played it HU and whatever stakes I wanted -- would you let this happen?

[/ QUOTE ]

would it matter if you let this happen tho?
Old 05-28-2007, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
zzzzzzzz....

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough, u don't find it interesting. thats the last time I venture into the boring world of min-bet hold'em

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont find it uninteresting at all, fwiw. Several posters said the bot's play was horrendous, without explaining specifically why. however, the play ended up working very well (obviously this does not mean all that much), and was made by a bot (presumably programmed to play well). game had been aggro, with phil folding often.

curious what the proper frequency is of making such random pure bluffs in hu limit. it seems, based on their responses, that the first few posters think it should never be done. why not? and if it should be done on occasion, how often and in what particular circumstances?
Old 05-28-2007, 04:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont find it uninteresting at all, fwiw. Several posters said the bot's play was horrendous, without explaining specifically why.

[/ QUOTE ]

People seldom put themselves in a position to make disastrous folds in blind battles, and everything points towards this hand going to showdown.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i dont find it uninteresting at all, fwiw. Several posters said the bot's play was horrendous, without explaining specifically why.

[/ QUOTE ]

People seldom put themselves in a position to make disastrous folds in blind battles, and everything points towards this hand going to showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, it definitely appears awful (and perhaps is), but im just kind of thinking about from the perspective of random bluffing frequencies, whether some type of similar spew can ever be justified that way.

**btw, i respect your game. havent been playing much lately- u still on abs often?
Old 05-28-2007, 08:56 AM

i see stuff like that sometimes. guys will just get it in their heads to randomly bluff a hand. it's like they figure, i'm gonna just put the max amount of money in on this hand and try to get the guy to fold. it seems like they make this decision before the hand even begins though. i see sooo many hopeless bluffs when it's crystal clear i'm not folding.