Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2007, 01:24 AM

Default Re: 2007 AL Central

[ QUOTE ]
Also, why is Nefi Perez collecting a pay check? And allowed on the field?

[/ QUOTE ]

Neifi Perez has value on a team, believe it or not. However, he should get about 10 PA a season while always appearing as a defensive substitute.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, why is Nefi Perez collecting a pay check? And allowed on the field?

[/ QUOTE ]

Neifi Perez has value on a team, believe it or not. However, he should get about 10 PA a season while always appearing as a defensive substitute.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, you mean he shouldn't be an every day starter who has spent about 2/3 of his career batting 1st or 2nd?
Old 04-26-2007, 08:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if the Twins can't beat the [censored] Royals, its going to be a long season [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Most minor league teams can beat the Twins when Ponson is pitching.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if the Twins can't beat the [censored] Royals, its going to be a long season [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol he only gave up 4, that should = win

I really hope he's released soon
Old 04-26-2007, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Kyleb, I'll take $50 at even odds that the White Sox are above 4th in the ALC at the All-Star break if you can do transfers on Stars or Epassporte. I'm also curious about your 2+2 White Sox fan betting history.

[/ QUOTE ]
Anyone else want any of this? If the White Sox are the consensus #4 team around here, this should be easy money, right?

1. Det
2. Cle
3. CWS
4. Min
5. KC
Old 04-26-2007, 11:10 AM

1)Cle
2)Tigers
3)Min
4)CWS
5)KC
Old 04-26-2007, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol he only gave up 4, that should = win

I really hope he's released soon

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as we are hitting like this it doesn't matter who we throw out there.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:37 PM

Torii just got plunked in the face.

Ouch
Old 04-26-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Kyleb, I'll take $50 at even odds that the White Sox are above 4th in the ALC at the All-Star break if you can do transfers on Stars or Epassporte. I'm also curious about your 2+2 White Sox fan betting history.

[/ QUOTE ]
Anyone else want any of this? If the White Sox are the consensus #4 team around here, this should be easy money, right?

1. Det
2. Cle
3. CWS
4. Min
5. KC

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, even if we knew without the shadow of a doubt that the white sox were the fourth team in the division, it would be a terrible bet since theer's virtually no chance of them coming in 5th.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have (and will continue to) post analysis and conventional sabermetric wisdom on this board. However, if people are going to say things like the Chicago White Sox are a good team, then I would love to bet on it with them. They think it's a good bet, I think it's a good bet, the only difference is is that I'm right and they're wrong.

This is a gambling forum, is it not? Are we not here for +EV opportunities?

At any rate, if you have done analysis and come to the conclusion that CWS is better than CLE, then I'll gladly take your action. However, if you are just definitively saying that CWS will win the AL Central without backing up your words, then you're a coward IMO.

There's a significant difference between rooting for a team and authoritatively saying that "Team X is going to win the AL Central" / "Team X is better than Team Y". If you post the former, I might jab at you and post analysis on why your love for the team may be incorrect, but everyone is allowed to have a rooting share on any team they want. However, if you insist that your team (usually the White Sox) is going to dominate when all the research shows otherwise, well, please bet on it or shut up.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is a good team though? Were the Sox a "bad" team last year because they finished 3rd in the Central, but still had 90 wins (your prior comments seem to insinuate that an "average" team sucks more when they play in a tough division).

The OP in this thread didn't do any sort of deep analysis AND he blatantly stated "HOMER PICK" from the start. Yet you still come in here and demand him to put up or shut up. It's the same thing as someone trolling the start forums or BBV with "HU4ROLLZ?"

I also don't think someone who is unwilling to back up their opinion with a money bet is a coward. WTF?

Again, you're definitely in the top 5% of SE posters and I agree with what you post 99% of the time because I also believe in sabremetrics. I just think you troll people too much.