Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2007, 01:46 PM

Default Re: How can we improve SSNL

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i really enjoy crappy HHs more than KilliLan or goofy talking about their recent failure.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I think those people are pathetic to be using the cheese thread for that. I like what clayon said about msnl using it for POKER type discussions rather than lame social things- take that elsewhere!

And kililian, the cheese thread DOES affect the hand threads because a lot of the regulars don't open hand threads as they would rather browse the cheese thread. plus it has created cliques and things people say in the cheese thread are (hopefully) joking but when they take those thoughts to hand posts it's very disrespectful.

I haven't felt good posting anything in the cheese thread yet because i'm not an established memeber here at all and the cheese thread is dominated by a few people talking about silly girl topics i'm not interested in being part of when i go to my poker website.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not the topics they discuss that annoys me, it's the way they post in cheesy thread. Gazillion one-word posts in one day. It seems that 90% of the time they ask for advice, it's not because they want one but because they don't have anyone to talk with, which is totaly fine, but stop using cheesy thread the same way you use mIRC. It is beyond attention whoring. Seriously, I think people should be allowed to post everything they want in cheesy thread but stop cluttering it with hundreds of "look at me, look at me" posts!

Oh and I was talking about kolo and kill. <3 goofy.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think trying to bring focus back to a weekly SSNL Digest would be a good thing. If we had a culture shift where it became cool again to start the most interesting thread of the week, or to really dominate a given discussion, I think it would help alot. Making it more of a limelight sort of thing, and having a sticky with a weekly strategy "Winner" (as determined by the mods) could help.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i think this is a good idea.

i think the main problem is that there's too many threads - a lot of which are junk. deleting threads which are not interesting might be a bit harsh.

1 or 2 threads a day per user might be a good idea.

less threads would probably mean more focused debate about interesting hands
Old 04-25-2007, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I wasn't allowed to post non-poker stuff in cheese thread I would probably stop posting altogether

[/ QUOTE ]

GOOD. Scroll down the forum list and pick one of the 50 that would be appropriate for the teenage dating advice and drama that you/Killian/Goofy spew throughout the cheese thread.

The MSNL cheese thread is cool, its about poker, has PT shots/ Graphs, interesting 'for show' type hands, and general OT poker talk.

The SSNL cheese thread is a god damn mess and is not poker related at all. Its really killing the forum's strategy qualitly also.

And since i know you are going to say "just dont click on the cheese thread - no one is making u!", well I dont read that thing anymore, and I rarely post in SSNL strategy threads either because I just choose to stay out of this mess.

I do not understand why in a Small Stakes No Limit forum we have a huge % of the total traffic (I wish I could see the exact % bcause I bet its over 2/3s) devoted to virgin dating advice, social situations, and personal blogs.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:48 PM

I post a lot, oh well.

Why exactly does everyone want the ssnl cheese to be like the msnl cheese? The MSNL cheese thread sucks balls. It's like a watered down version of BBV, and less entertaining.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Again, I think there should be two cheese threads.

But you know how boring a cheese thread would be if it were talking about ONLY POKER.

This has been my job for like 3 freaking years so far. I played it 6 hours a day at one point.

I'm way, way beyond sick of poker. I think a lot of poker players feel the same way, they don't want to talk about poker all the time

[/ QUOTE ]

There are other forums outside of SSNL, you may find some interesting topics there.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I post a lot, oh well.

Why exactly does everyone want the ssnl cheese to be like the msnl cheese? The MSNL cheese thread sucks balls. It's like a watered down version of BBV, and less entertaining.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-25-2007, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The whole thing is:

Mr. Good Poster says "Christ this basic stuff annoys me, I'm not going to respond to any of this garbage and instead just shoot the breeze in the cheese thread or provide one word answers because this crap is so obvious."

Mr. Bad Poster says "I'm going to start a billion threads on rehashed topics, and then be confused why none of the 'name' posters give me advice."

[/ QUOTE ]

wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm obviously painting with a broad brush here, and this doesn't apply to everyone.

I should also say that I totally get why people don't want to talk poker all the time - makes total sense. It's just tricky when it's a poker strategy board, and the people that live/eat/breathe poker don't want to really talk strategy since they're a bit burned out on it, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

i meant wow as in, sheer correctness
Old 04-25-2007, 01:53 PM

lol, cool I was just trying to be polite cuz I like you

Edit: I saw that, donk [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-25-2007, 01:53 PM

If you post a response as to what action you'd take and it's shorter than 3 sentences you cant post a hand for review for a week. Would be really hard to moderate but Im dead serious about that. Too many garbage reponses of call, raise, fold, why didnt you xxx that end up then getting repeated verbatim by 5 other people.

I think 3max/day is too much. If you need to post 3 hands everyday you should be doing more reading and less posting because youre missing most of the game. I'd change it to 2.

Posts that dont go past a pf decision are pointless and 99% of them should never be posted.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Posts that dont go past a pf decision are pointless and 99% of them should never be posted.

[/ QUOTE ]