Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2007, 03:22 PM

Default Re: 200NL live. Making a 3 way deal due to largeness of pot

[ QUOTE ]
If I had only 4000$ I would not be playing NL200. If you are in this situation and worried about the variance get it all-in pre-flop. To actually answer your question, I don't think I take a deal for less than 75% if I am underrolled. Otherwise I'd rather go for it and move down if necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a live game, you don't need $4k to play in a 1/2 live game. Honestly $1k-2k is a more than adequate bankroll for this game.

Online of course, $4k is slightly underrolled I'd say for 200nl.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:27 PM

At the games I play at, I would consider a 1K roll adequate.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:30 PM

If you are bankrolled for something never sacrifice EV. And aislephive is right in saying that there are better ways to recude varice (running it twice).

For me, the money i play home games with does not = my online poker bankroll. I'm guessing this is the same for you. When you are underrolled for something, it is ok miss an edge if it results in lower varience. In this case you are guaranteed money, so there is no varience.

What you did isn't as bad as these peple are making it out to be.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:31 PM

Is running it twice, 3 times, etc actually fair??? Would the equity for AA, KK, QQ still be the same EXACTLY? I don't feel like doing the math, but maybe it being 3way instead of HU matters, and the whole backdoor draws and such.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BTW, stop saying "all day" lol. OK so, 1351-240-139=$972 pot after they take $ bak. You're saying u sacrficied ~1/4 the pot when u were a 5:1 fav to win (you had to dodge 4 outs twice). BTW, you had to dodge 4 outs AT BEST. You probably rele have to dodge only 2 outs twice, so that makes you a 10:1 fav on flop and 20:1 fav on turn. This is SICK -EV. If you're playing in a live game and this deep, you should play lower. You should be prepared to lose a huge pot with aces in order to get the max EV. Who knows, all the queens and k's could be out and u jus have to miss the backdoor straight? You're too nervous about the money IMO. I mean I'm sure you're nervous about this big pot, but seriously, stick that [censored] in "all day!" lol Results? *Jus to answer your question btw, you said this play is -EV, so this is not good in the long run lmao, as you asked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nomination for worst post ever!!!

"Who knows, all the queens and k's could be out and u jus have to miss the backdoor straight?" LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Eureka!! you are totally right, great insight. Let me bankroll you

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to reject this nomination and nominate your OP as worst post of all time. I can't believe you are going to make patronizing posts after making a blatantly retarded deal and then trying to justify it with inane logic.

Dude you just gave up $90 of equity. That would not be a big deal if you were playing $10K NL but that's a ton at $200NL. Even if you were good, which I doubt considering you made this deal for no good reason, $90 would be your expected earn in like 5 or 6 hours of playing time.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:45 PM

Situation to consider:

6 total donkeys (Loose, etc) are at your table. They all bought in for 200 and now every single player has 800 in front of them, except you have 1,000. A hand comes up with you being 80% vs. 20% all in on flop. Pot= 1,600ish. For this game one cannot buyin for more than 200. Running it twice is not an option. Going into the game you were bankrolled for it by all standards. A deal sound good here?

I know I would take 75% in a heart beat.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
$90 would be your expected earn in like 5 or 6 hours of playing time.

[/ QUOTE ]

1,000 / 90 = 11. 11 * 6 = 66 hours. You want me to give up 66 hours of work for this 77% equity pot. Give me 72%+ anyday.

And I make 120.00 per session (so far in 2007) over 26 sessions of 5-6 hours each. Am i a bad player? I can post my online results if you want.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is running it twice, 3 times, etc actually fair??? Would the equity for AA, KK, QQ still be the same EXACTLY? I don't feel like doing the math, but maybe it being 3way instead of HU matters, and the whole backdoor draws and such.

[/ QUOTE ]

running it multiple times reduces variance, and doesn't alter the %s. If you really care too much about the pot then run it 3times, thats pretty lame but its a huge improvement on a -ev deal
Old 04-14-2007, 04:10 PM

Sure. Make a deal. It sounds like that's what you want to hear. The real answer to this ? depends on how comfortable you feel with a 20% chance to lose the whole pot. Poker theory says not to take the deal. This is too subjective a situation I guess...
Old 04-14-2007, 04:21 PM

Wow, just wow to this thread.

This is the easiest chop in the world if you do in fact have a $400 bankroll for live.

You dropped 5% equity to reduce variance!!! oh no!!! wow you gave up $90 in a $1350 pot!!! omg so stupid.

This is ridiculous, it's pretty much a matter of preference. Yes in the long run, obviously we never chop, but then again we have a $400 BR, and we have to lower our variance as we are obviously underrolled.

To say someone giving up 5% equity is the dumbest idea ever is ten times as dumb. I don't get why you low stakes players insist on having huge egos. You guys aren't the best players in the world, no are u BR management experts, in fact ur probably bad at both.

In fact, you could make an arguement that doing this is +EV. Assuming that you are a big favorite in this game, by chopping you keep yourself in the game, as well as the rest of the [censored] who you can kill. By doing this essentially you put more money on the table from a fish. Which means you potentially make that $90 in the long run that may have not have been possible if the game broke up.

Also, you come off as a nice guy which encourages people to come back to the game.

SOOOO 2p2, im glad you flamed a post undeserving of flaming. Probably why this forum is the most growth stunting forum on the internet.