Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2007, 08:31 PM

Default Re: Ask Anacardo anything

[ QUOTE ]
It seems to me that you reference God - in the sense of the Christian/Jewish "God," given that I don't remember many references to the gods, or the fates, or the Force - at least once every few posts. Do you consider yourself Christian or Jewish? If so, how devout? If not, how would you describe your faith/spirituality?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a poorly practicing Baha'i. For more information, consult the surprisingly comprehensive wikipedia entry. I believe in the divinity of the revelations of the Old and New Testament, but I doubt the adherents of each would classify me as 'Jewish' or 'Christian.'
Old 04-15-2007, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When was the last time you went out?

[/ QUOTE ]

Define out.

'Out of the house' = a few hours ago (freq: Every day)
'Out of the house for something other than food' = a few hours ago (freq: several times a week)
'Out of the house to gather with acquaintances-or-better' = a few hours ago (freq: a few times a week)
'Out of the house with homies for the express purpose of drinkin' and chillin' out' - night before last (freq: ~ once a week)
'Out of the house to a bar / club' - several weeks ago (freq: ~ once a month)

These figures are all at slightly below optimal levels.

[ QUOTE ]
How many friends do you have?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depending on your definition, anywhere from less than five, to several dozen. A realistic average of standards would peg it at 10-15.

[ QUOTE ]
Do people find you attractive in real life?

[/ QUOTE ]

If by people, you mean, as I assume, sweet young things, then yes.

[ QUOTE ]
What kind of people do you look upon as successful?

[/ QUOTE ]

We already covered this, it's impossible to say. I can call 'em like I see 'em but that's it.

[ QUOTE ]
Who do you envy?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Vince Young
2) People who take shots and run good
3) People with access to non-American poker
4) The extremely quick and well-coordinated

[ QUOTE ]
What does the existence of this post indicate about your state of affairs?

[/ QUOTE ]

That I've got time and inclination to answer it. Nothing postive, really; nothing necessarily negative either.

[ QUOTE ]
These are pretty harsh but at the same time, you seem to be so in your own little world that surely you won't mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a significant prejudice in our society against introversion, but that [censored] just don't faze me.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how many women have you had sex with in your life?

[/ QUOTE ]

Four.

[ QUOTE ]
How many weighed more then 150lbs?

[/ QUOTE ]

One or zero.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anacardo, sometimes I think your spirit has taken up arms against itself. In most instances, this type of thing is solved by diving headlong into religion, often even becoming a religious nut, the type who pesters others about the "good news" all the time and interrupts conversations to tell people that Jesus loves them and is thinking about them RIGHT NOW. Do you think this inevitable on your part?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but your question is eerily prescient. I've been reading George Orwell's collected essays; one of the last is on the life of Gandhi. In it Orwell reflects on the fundamental differences between the humanistic and religious lifestyles, between 'dying happy' and 'not dying at all,' if you will. He contends that the traditional definition of everyday people as 'failed saints' is inaccurate, that saints and regular people are two different kinds of humans who have chosen two different worlds, and that the former reach their state not necessarily as a result of pure superiority of worth or intention, but because of differences of inclination. Their desire to escape this world stems, to Orwell, probably stems from the fact that they find this one painful, 'particularly in the matter of love, which whether sexual or not is hard work.' This clarified a dimly held conception of myself, that I have begun to toy with the idea of sainthood as an 'out,' should all else fail. It is uncomfortable that you should bring this up.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, do you know if Jesus is thinking about me RIGHT NOW? Because I'm about to step into the shower, and I would find that embarassing.

[/ QUOTE ]

The doings of God and His Manifestations transcend the understanding of men, as though by a 'Lote-Tree beyond which there is no passing.'

That said, it is my belief, inadequate and ill-informed though it may be, that Jesus is not staring at your wiener.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Depending on your definition, anywhere from less than five, to several dozen. A realistic average of standards would peg it at 10-15.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have 10-15 friends? That's way more than I got.

[ QUOTE ]

There is a significant prejudice in our society against introversion, but that [censored] just don't faze me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not really sure if there's a prejudice against introversion.

I've got a question. Do you think you can discern who is an extrovert and who is an introvert on a message board? I'm always surprised when I find out someone is an introvert who I thought was an extrovert and vice versa. How about you?
Old 04-16-2007, 12:11 AM

Stick or automatic

Single ply or two-ply

Vinyl or digital

Paper or plastic

Hide or seek

Heads or tails

Evolution or intelligent design

Friend or foe
Old 04-16-2007, 01:01 AM

My friends are scattered across the face of the continent; I have 1-3 in this city, and I see them seldom.

Of course there's a prejudice against introversion; consistently preferring peace and quiet by yourself to hitting the town with ballers is a sure sign that there's something wrong with you.

I think I can tell all sorts of things about all sorts of people by their writing.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stick or automatic

Single ply or two-ply

Vinyl or digital

Paper or plastic

Hide or seek

Heads or tails

Evolution or intelligent design

Friend or foe

[/ QUOTE ]

Automatic, shamefully

Two-ply

Digital

Plastic

Seek by necessity

Neutral EV

A variation of 'ID' which is essentially evolution in all important details and has almost nothing to do with what people think of as 'ID'

Friend by default.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

ID, which is essentially evolution in all important details

[/ QUOTE ]

OH NO IT ISN'T!
Old 04-16-2007, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

ID, which is essentially evolution in all important details