Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2007, 07:02 AM

Default Re: Anyone else socially retarted?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my interest is fighting the illuminati and saving the world from it. Is there such a society in colleges? probably not!

I have no chance to make friends [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

At my uni there are some crazy wierd societies so there is hope!
Old 04-17-2007, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
^^donkbluffer, i think she's giving u a green light, either way, make a move...

[/ QUOTE ]
turns out she has a boyfriend. [censored]!!!

at least this whole situation encouraged me to change my life for the better. I finally decided to crawl out of my room and enjoy life more.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just wondering if anyone else out there was finding college life to be not what you expected.
I'm in my fourth year doing computer science and in that time I have only really made 2 freinds in class. I've never lived on campus and find that on weekends I usually just end up hanging out with my old freinds from highschool.
We are starting to grow apart and I want to make some new freinds, I just dont know how. Anyone else been in a similar situation?

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe it is not you but them??? I thought i was socially retarded and found myself in your exact same situation. I looked at the myspace for my college and found out a bunch of posts on how this is a horrible place to make friends and how unfriendly everyone is. I read what I always thought about but never had confirmed through anyone else! finally im not the social tard but the environment itself is not open to friendships! It seems to me that it is like this in every college from what ive been reading!

why?? because college is a place for cliques/groups. You see the asians with asians, blacks with blacks, hippis with hippis and the most common group of them all is the "friends from high school groups." It is just difficult to be accepted by these groups since most know each other from some time.

You will meet new people in college, talk to new people, but just don't expect making lots of 'friends' (people you hang out with outside school, people that care and you can depend on). Those people already have responsibilities/loyalty to their old friends and are not going to leave them just for you (some guy they barely met in college).

the only easy way to make friends in college is by
a) meeting people through your high school friends
b) frats

My high school friends are gone and I go to undergrad school, no frats. So I really have no chance. I have never had anyone even say hi to me that wasn't a person I knew from high school. Maybe it is because this place really is full of stuck up people.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is so [censored] retarded i don't even know where to start. the only reason someone doesn't make friends is because s/he doesn't make an effort to, THAT'S IT. well maybe not. maybe you don't wear deoderant, or something. so wear deoderant, or start trying to make friends. most people aren't gonna put out the effort, so just take that [censored] into your own hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol @ start wearing deaoderant.

I'd say, start working on your inner game, read and learn about body language and stuff (body language communicates tons of stuff). Overcoming obstacles in your mind and learning how to communicate both physically and with words is sooooo important.

Some people are born with it, somce people learn it and some people Do the mistake of classing themselves as socially retared.

Also learn about introverts and extroverts.

gl
Old 04-18-2007, 06:03 AM

I'm pretty bad myself with this kind of stuff, but you only live through college once. I realized that I didn't wanna be 50 years old with a limp [censored] and say to myself "man I should have banged more chicks in my younger days."
I understand how hard it can be because I was a victim of "social retardation" for a couple years. Whenever I would see someone from back in the day it would be your standard conversation of "Hi, what are you doing now?" etc. etc. I caught the poker bug and became addicted, and couldn't think of anything but poker for a while, but these are the best years of your life and shouldn't be wasted. It sounds sappy and cliche but just get out there, you only live once.
If you want to make friends at school, find something in common with people. If you see a guy with a Bosh jersey, ask him if he saw the game last night. If you think a girl is cute, find something interesting about her (what she's wearing, books she's holding etc.) and talk about that and make jokes - there are many other ways obv, it's good to be upfront about that. Generally, people in institutions of education will respond well to you, as long as you don't look like a creep or insult them. If you get rejected, then hey, it's a part of life, we have all been rejected...well unless you're Patrik Antonius. The key is acting like you're Patrik Antonius. Oh yeah, drinking helps a lot.
P.S. If you need help with girls, read David DeAngelo's stuff.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

P.S. If you need help with girls, read David DeAngelo's stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]
I just downloaded some of his stuff. Reading it now. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]