Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2007, 11:00 PM

Default Re: Sopranos 4/8???

You just cant watch this shows as you watch other shows. Its not about the episode, its about the big picture.

The pace is on par w/ the rest of the episodes, IDK what you guys want from the show.

I myself too love seeing ppl die, but it is not practical. Personally, I feel the show, as it concludes, will move away from the inner-city-action-crime scene, and move towrd a conclusion dealing w/ the members of family. IMO this is not good if you are looking for action. - this is just a hunch BTW.

Anyway, the episode was great, it was like the college episode from season 1 (I think).
Old 04-09-2007, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You just cant watch this shows as you watch other shows. Its not about the episode, its about the big picture.

The pace is on par w/ the rest of the episodes, IDK what you guys want from the show.

I myself too love seeing ppl die, but it is not practical. Personally, I feel the show, as it concludes, will move away from the inner-city-action-crime scene, and move towrd a conclusion dealing w/ the members of family. IMO this is not good if you are looking for action. - this is just a hunch BTW.

Anyway, the episode was great, it was like the college episode from season 1 (I think).

[/ QUOTE ]

idk about it getting slower but i do agree that they will focus on the very cose relationships toy and christopher and mostly tony with tony in general
The season almost has to end with a bang I would think I mean its the last one ever [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 04-10-2007, 12:01 AM

I love the way Tony ends up with a monopoly house stuck to his face after the fight. Some people might think its a little over the top and heavy handed but I thought it was a great tie in to the storyline of Bobby and Janice taking Johnny Sac's house.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:34 AM

This episode was amazing. "slow" ??? No way, it contained so much
Old 04-10-2007, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Was anyone else disappointed that Tony didn't come home to find the house a total mess from AJ's party?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, and next week Tony is forced to deliver a baby when he gets stuck in an elevator with a pregnant women.

This isn't your run of the mill predictable cliche TV crap, this is the Sopranos and this episode was fantastic, if it disappointed you stop watching.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:51 AM

who do u guys think will die first
chris, paulie, bobby?

i get a feeling chris is not long for this world.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:42 AM

amazing episode, it was SO refreshing watching an hour long show as opposed to the frusturating 30 (more like 20) minute entourage episodes. really felt like i was watching a movie. besides the episodes display of T's relationship with Janice and Bobby, I thought it set up the fact that in the end, mobsters rarely ever make it out successful. There were so many hints in this episode, from the gun tony dropped, to Bobby getting his shirt ripped after the hit, and Tony telling Bobby about the guy who he's trying to set up "Just In Case" anything happens that really seem to say this show won't end on a happy note. I think that's pretty much a given but overall I thought this episode was really good. The build up of the monopoloy game/drinking was awesome. I'm also surprised nothing happened with Anthony Jr. in terms of the party he was having, but I think it was just meant to show he's still a punk ass kid who is just lying to his parents and really not motivated to get a job or make anything of himself.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:49 AM

who was tony referring to with the 'guy i'm trying to setup' stuff? not bobby surely?
Old 04-10-2007, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
anyway the sopranos has plenty of slow moving episodes - in fact the one that's widely regarded as the best, the Pine Barrens ep, isn't fast-moving at all, they never end up finding the Russian, and it's more about Christopher and Paulie's interactions than it is the mob stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Difference is that Pine Barrens featured probably the two most interesting characters in the show. This episode featured Janice, Bobby, and Carmela, three of the most boring characters in the show.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:07 AM

I pity anyone who didn't fully enjoy every scene in this episode.

Somebody mentioned the Janice/Carmela scene by the lake as a "waste". Sure, I imagine if that scene's subtext (Carmela is worried that Tony is going to retaliate against Bobby, and projects this onto Janice, accusing her of insinuating it, leaving Janice to wonder, "What did I say?") sails over your head, the superficial remainder of the scene doesn't make much sense at all.

You gotta think DEEP when you're watching this show. If you can't or won't, then you'll be disappointed. You won't notice things like the nanny and kid singing "...over the hill..." as Tony walks by, still licking his wounds from losing a fight for the first time, while a birthday forces him to come to grips with getting older.

Someone else mentioned that AJ's scene in the bedroom didn't make any sense. I guess if you need it spelled out for you that AJ is a freeloading scumbag with no intentions of growing up, who is quite content to "play" grown-up on the grown-ups' bed, then you probably took nothing from that scene.

[ QUOTE ]
who was tony referring to with the 'guy i'm trying to setup' stuff? not bobby surely?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tony was expressing his disappointment in Christopher, who is too busy making movies to rise to the task of becoming the #2 man. Tony needs a #2, and he has a reliable brother-in-law ("your friends will desert you, only trust family") who has nothing to do, now that he's done babysitting Uncle Junior.