Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2007, 01:46 AM

Default Re: Daniel parodies the Ivey vs. Vaswani/et. all golf \"hustle\"

A bit off-topic, but I don't understand why people play golf for money - especially at these stakes.

Assuming that the golfing performance of the players is pre-determined (by their usual performance), everything is decided from the handicap that either of the players are given. Because of this, I find it ridiculous that the players set and accept their handicaps based on how the opponents claim to rate themselves. The players have an obvious motivation to adjust their rating in order to receive a greater handicap/advantage. And, the last time I checked - in terms of telling the truth - poker players and degenerate gamblers in general weren't exactly encyclopedias.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:59 AM

lol @ everyone. If your gambling in golf, you don't have to say [censored]... BOTTOM LINE. Are you really going to say that you are better than the other person, [censored] no. If you do, then I'll gamble with you in almost any genre. Your gambling and your trying to get any edge possible. Ram thought he was hustling Phil, but Phil turned the tables. Tough [censored]. He got schooled and schooled hard. It's up to Ram to check the facts before wagering money; it's simple due dillegence.

HERE IS AN EXAMPLE: Someone challenges you to play HU NL. He says he sucks. Are you really going to play him until you speak with others???? I sure hope not.

If I was Ivey, I would just pay someone to collect from Ram. At least we can hope that Aba can take the money owed to Phil.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:08 AM

Steel I don't think you fully understand the problem. Ram and his partner are claiming that Phil Ivey cheated by deliberately lying about his handicap (which in my understanding is a gray area in golfing-gambling).

Your example would be better suited to this event if it went something like this: Someone challenges you HU NL. He says he sucks, you believe him or dont even care cause your that good and then he cheats by marking the cards making it unwinnable for you. This is what Ram and his partner are at least CLAIMING, that Phil knowingly and against the rubric of even golfing/hustlin, cheated them into being unable to win.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:46 AM

It doesnt make sense for Ram and the other dude to pay because their reputations have been irreprably damaged, making it difficult to find future games.

edit: if they were gonna pay (which i believe they should) they should have done it immediately.

Old 04-10-2007, 05:13 AM

Ummm, can someone tells me what happens in the gambling world if someone doesn't pay up? In the world I live in if someone owes money and doesn't pay they get their legs broken and that can be over $5. If someone owe'd a million+ and said they weren't going to pay? Yeah they get dealt with on a higher level.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:00 AM

imm pretty sure Ram and the rest of the Hendon mob are broke losers.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ummm, can someone tells me what happens in the gambling world if someone doesn't pay up? In the world I live in if someone owes money and doesn't pay they get their legs broken and that can be over $5 . If someone owe'd a million+ and said they weren't going to pay? Yeah they get dealt with on a higher level.

[/ QUOTE ]

where do u live? ethiopa?
Old 04-10-2007, 06:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
imm pretty sure Ram and the rest of the Hendon mob are broke losers.

[/ QUOTE ]

DN, is this your gimmick account?
Old 04-10-2007, 06:30 AM

Pretty sure revisiting the bet thread arguments is wasted time.

My favorite part of all of this thread is one of the posts in the hendon mob forum referring to the traffic on daniels forums.

158 Guests

Hello 2+2
Old 04-10-2007, 07:26 AM

I find it amazing that they would take Lindgrens word for it regarding Ivey's game. If I was going to play Phil Ivey for that much money in anything I'm pretty sure I'd take every precaution to make sure I wasn't getting hustled.

Hmm, they wagered a ton of money against one of the most competitive people on the planet, and a professional gambler at that. And they got hustled? Well [censored], I could have never seen that coming.