Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2007, 05:12 PM

Default Re: Horrible ban theater

sigh

Okay, I'm bored with this topic. If some of you can't see derailing and condescension, and think mods shouldn't act on ignored warnings, that's your perception and reasoning system, and that's cool, go with it.

The ban's past, I've asked Cardo to keep it respectful from now on, the subject's closed AFAIC.

See you guys after the upgrade!
Old 04-06-2007, 05:19 PM

Man, I was going to respond last night with my small novel. I thought i had mentioned that and I thought it was recommended that i not. I had it all typed up at home on my computer.

Now I'm at work, having just got access to 2+2 at the end of my long day and I see now you want a response. So i can't have access to a document with all the points that made me feel this dude was needing a time out.

Here's my position. We have rules in the lounge that require civil discussion. The main thing the makes us different is we don't allow persistent attacks, snottiness and one line snipes that are made for the purpose of derailing the thread or just being annoying.

I understand most of you don't read the lounge and haven't read the thread. The purpose was a question and answer thing. Guys ask the questions, girls respond. It went really well. Anacardo starts up with his stupid one line snipes and being weird. I felt he was disrespectful to VR. I believe he was being annoying. It wasn't a question answer thing for Anacardo you know. That's not how the thread was set up.

Anyway, when i get home if my internet is working I'm going to post the post I wanted to post last night and be done with it.

You guys want to de-mod me go ahead. This is ridiculous.

The guy is obnoxious and immature. He's disrespectful, pompous and condescending. He pops up and posts little quips in a thread that most people thought was pretty cool. I have received a couple PMs from 2 different women in the lounge who tell me that he's pompous and bizarre and disrupting and what is his problem. I can't have him turning off decent posters because he wants to amuse himself.

You want to question my decision over him? Ok. Frankly, I think a 1/2 day was fair.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
See you guys after the upgrade!

[/ QUOTE ]

I like your confidence.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:44 PM

db, katy:

You guys are both completely missing my point.

I have no problem with warning cardo and banning him for behavior that is not acceptable in your forum.

I have a big problem with a mod writing "And yeah, I would say your bitterness is coming through loud and clear. At some point you might want to consider putting down that huge chip on your shoulder." and then banning the poster when he responds.

Had katy instead of making that post just banned him for continuing behavior that he had been warned about, while I'd think the whole thing sort of silly, I would have no problem at all with the action.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
db, katy:

You guys are both completely missing my point.

I have no problem with warning cardo and banning him for behavior that is not acceptable in your forum.

I have a big problem with a mod writing "And yeah, I would say your bitterness is coming through loud and clear. At some point you might want to consider putting down that huge chip on your shoulder." and then banning the poster when he responds.

Had katy instead of making that post just banned him for continuing behavior that he had been warned about, while I'd think the whole thing sort of silly, I would have no problem at all with the action.

[/ QUOTE ]

El Diablo, I respect you. And because of that I am going to ponder what you are saying here. I'm not always right. Perhaps I was wrong to say cardo needs to put his big chip down. He did just say in the post above mine that he was filled with bitterness, did he not? I'm not positive cuz i'm not going to go back and look at it at this very second. but i'm pretty sure he had just told me how bitter he was.

did you read the thread. he is so bitter that he attacks women on these forums. did anyone else catch that or is it just me?

But, i am definitely willing to consider what you and Dids are telling me. I don't want to sound snippy and disrespectful on these forums but come on, i'm not a saint. Are you holding me to a higher standard than you are the male posters?

If someone had told [censored] to move on along out of his own thread because hey he was obviously too stupid to grasp things, would you expect [censored] to just ignore it? if someone told [censored] he was a wuss after [censored] had just gotten done saying that he was going to give thought to said poster's question and come back later with a response, would you expect [censored] to just roll over and take it? the guy is obnoxious. it's not just me either. he was obnoxious in X-factor's thread and he was obnoxious to other posters in the lounge.

ok, maybe i don't understand his jokes. he's [censored] weird and cryptic and gamey as all hell. how long am i supposed to try to untangle the mind of this weird dude. disrespect is disrespect. How hard is it to behave in a civil, decent manner on a forum? you are comparing me to him now? am i really that obnoxious and antagonistic towards other posters? tell me then, i want to know.

i may be nice most of the time but i'm not perfect. i'm not a perfect individual and you guys have taken pleasure in showing me that i'm so far from perfect as a mod that it's laughable. Cut me some slack once in awhile. you guys aren't perfect either though you're really articulate and can play with the words and quote thing like really well.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-06-2007, 05:57 PM

FWIW

"I felt he was disrespectful to VR"

Is wrong, and I think his frustration was that you didn't get the joke and nothing kills a good joke like having to explain it.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW

"I felt he was disrespectful to VR"

Is wrong, and I think his frustration was that you didn't get the joke and nothing kills a good joke like having to explain it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok ok! i don't get his jokes [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I frustrate the hell out of him apparently.

He's waaaaay smarter than me, I get it. I'm stupid compared to him. He's a freakin genius who's immature and obnoxious as hell. But I will just ignore him from now on. I won't even try to untangle his sentences or attempt to figure him out. i just thought he could try to act normal in a normal thread in a civil forum. Apparently he's making jokes and some of us girls aren't getting them. i've had 2 other posters tell me that they thing he's acting bizarre. not just me.

i will try to listen to what you're saying Dids.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:08 PM

katy, I get that the lounge has different rules so it makes sense for you to ban him based on warnings and such. But why dont you just set him to ignore, honestly?

edit: And [censored] would not ban him for that, ever. He would just out-quip him.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:09 PM

katy,

I don't get your post at all. You are still missing the point.

I have repeatedly said that it would have been perfectly fine to ban him based on his actions and your warnings.

However, you did not do that. What you did was engage with him in that discussion with your remark. I do not think your remark was wrong, uncalled for, or inappropriate. But what do you expect to happen when you make a remark like "At some point you might want to consider putting down that huge chip on your shoulder."? Do you think his remark to you was any more disrespectful than your remark to him? You can't engage in a discussion in a manner like that and then ban someone when they respond as expected. That's ridiculous.