Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2007, 08:17 AM

Default Re: Tell me where to go to college

You don't need college to study philosophy. Be like me- stay home, smoke pot, don't work and muse about humanity all day.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dude,

Goto a college with an atmosphere that you enjoy. I didn't realize this until I got to college, but I would have much preferred to be somewhere with warm weather, or at least in a NY type city.

I goto CMU in Pittsburgh, so please relate to the suckiness of this city. It was 70 degrees yesterday, now it is below 32, and snowing. Goto some school in Cali, or NYU.

[/ QUOTE ]

pittsburgh has the shittiest weather in the country

[/ QUOTE ]

At the risk of feeling the wrath of the Minnesota crew, I have to disagree with this statement. Minnesota weather is teh worstester.

If you want go where you want to figure out what you want to do, you have to go to a larger school so you will have more options once you figure it out. If you want to be near NYC, you have to go to a large university near NYC. I would suggest Penn State. I took a philosophy class while I was there and it certainly made me realize I wanted a degree that was worth something after school. God that class sucked.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dude,

Goto a college with an atmosphere that you enjoy. I didn't realize this until I got to college, but I would have much preferred to be somewhere with warm weather, or at least in a NY type city.

I goto CMU in Pittsburgh, so please relate to the suckiness of this city. It was 70 degrees yesterday, now it is below 32, and snowing. Goto some school in Cali, or NYU.

[/ QUOTE ]

pittsburgh has the shittiest weather in the country

[/ QUOTE ]

At the risk of feeling the wrath of the Minnesota crew, I have to disagree with this statement. Minnesota weather is teh worstester.

If you want go where you want to figure out what you want to do, you have to go to a larger school so you will have more options once you figure it out. If you want to be near NYC, you have to go to a large university near NYC. I would suggest Penn State. I took a philosophy class while I was there and it certainly made me realize I wanted a degree that was worth something after school. God that class sucked.

[/ QUOTE ]

some intelligent stuff here thanks for the advice
Old 04-05-2007, 09:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

.....and it is not close.

[/ QUOTE ]

wisconsin blows, penn state is better then them in every sport except Men's bball, better school academic wise, not a cheese fest place. Our mascot isnt a tool ferret or whatever that thing is. They call it a badger haha
Old 04-05-2007, 09:25 AM

Penn State is also the #1 ranked public academic school
Old 04-05-2007, 11:01 AM

Couple of suggestions:
Manhattanville College on the broder of Manhattan and the Bronx
CUNY Queens
Pace University

If there isn't a prize I want my suggestions revoked
NYU LDO my alma matta
Old 04-05-2007, 11:13 AM

Hamburger University

Hamburger University is a 130,000 square foot (12,000 mē) training facility located at 2815 Jorie Blvd. in Oak Brook, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago.

* The institution has 'graduated' over 70,000 managers and has 30 resident 'professors'.

* Hamburger University class sizes today are over 200 students per class on average.

* Hamburger University is on an 80 acre (320,000 mē) campus.

* 22 full-time international resident professors teach students from more than 119 countries.

* The state-of-the-art facility includes 17 teaching rooms, a 300 seat auditorium and 5 special team rooms for interactive education.

* Hamburger University translators can provide simultaneous translation of more than 27 different languages.

* Restaurant employees receive about 32 hours of training in their first month with McDonald's.

* More than 5,800 students attend Hamburger University each year.

* Programs offered include the Bachelor's degree in Hamburgerology

Old 04-05-2007, 11:16 AM

A couple of "under the radar" NYC schools are Manhattan College and Hunter College. Of course Manhattan College is in the Bronx, not Manhattan, but it's still a good school, strong in engineering, so you'll have some smart, overacheiving types there. Hunter is a CUNY school, located on the upper east side i believe. As opposed to Manhattan, Hunter's strenths are the social sciences. Manhattan will present a more traditional, collegiate environment. But both are good schools that alot of people don't necessarily think of.

Wherever you go, what you'll get out of the school is directly related to the effort you put into it. I know, that sounds preachy and cheesy, but what it really means is put yourself in the best atmosphere where you think you'll succeed, regardless of the name of the school.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hamburger University

Hamburger University is a 130,000 square foot (12,000 mē) training facility located at 2815 Jorie Blvd. in Oak Brook, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago.

* The institution has 'graduated' over 70,000 managers and has 30 resident 'professors'.

* Hamburger University class sizes today are over 200 students per class on average.

* Hamburger University is on an 80 acre (320,000 mē) campus.

* 22 full-time international resident professors teach students from more than 119 countries.

* The state-of-the-art facility includes 17 teaching rooms, a 300 seat auditorium and 5 special team rooms for interactive education.

* Hamburger University translators can provide simultaneous translation of more than 27 different languages.

* Restaurant employees receive about 32 hours of training in their first month with McDonald's.

* More than 5,800 students attend Hamburger University each year.

* Programs offered include the Bachelor's degree in Hamburgerology

[/ QUOTE ]
Winner
Old 04-05-2007, 06:09 PM

wow