Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2007, 07:30 AM

Default Re: Anyone know who Gaucho staked in the FTP NL 200/400 game?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL. It's not results. If he had won, I still would have been upset at myself for risking so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

BS. Never woulda heard a peep out of you had strassa won 3 BI's in 200 hands. chicken [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

haha yeah, i laughed at this too, but like people have said, dlp has had the tendency to be results oriented in the past as well.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

LOL. It's not results. If he had won, I still would have been upset at myself for risking so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
Old 04-04-2007, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Man, the thought process is incredible here. In your blog you wrote it was a terrible decision. Well in all honesty it was prob pretty close to neutral ev. It didnt work out so what. If I make what is a good bet and lose I'm happy.
I got my money in good and that's all that matters. I am frequently amazed that generally intelligent people are very bad at grasping gambling oriented concepts. Gauge the ev of a situation and forget about results. Even later when you say you won 23k, well I guarantee you ran very well. If you had lost you would be saying what a poor decision it was to play when you were upset

[/ QUOTE ]

I think everyone here is well aware of that.

I think the point is that it isn't wise to "gamble" at stakes you are not properly rolled for or capable of handling the swings of. I think you would agree that putting your entire life savings on a 60/40 gamble would not be very wise, no? Furthermore, if you lose that 60/40 gamble, you would be very very unhappy and upset, no?
Old 04-04-2007, 01:03 PM

If you have 500k+ and make a bet where you happen to lose 40 of it, I would not consider that to be a "truly horrible life decision"
Old 04-04-2007, 01:04 PM

Umm even if 500k is all you have?
Old 04-04-2007, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you have 500k+ and make a bet where you happen to lose 40 of it, I would not consider that to be a "truly horrible life decision"

[/ QUOTE ]

it was a truly horrible decision. not a bad "life" decision, i said "life tilt" because i was on mega tilt that day. i don't play as high as you or have your roll. i am a medium stakes grinder, and this was my second biggest losing day ever. sufficie it to say on a person's biggest losing day i am sure most are a little steamed up or tilted, and naturally question their decisions. i think i made a poor decision, but I have made many worse ones, and will continue to make mistakes. i will learn from them just as i learned form this. done posting on this thread.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:08 PM

I would definitely be willing to risk up to 10 percent of my bankroll if i thought the bet was good enough. Other people may be less risk adverse, and it appears that is what gaucho is saying his mistake was. Not realizing the level of risk he was willing to take without being in control
Old 04-04-2007, 02:36 PM

I like how the original blog said the friend was "asking for a stake" almost implying that said player had a lesser roll, or was inferior...although that could just be my interpretation...nevertheless it's since been slyly changed to the more accurate "take some of his action" line... LOL

[ QUOTE ]
I could care less about how my friend played

[/ QUOTE ]

It always amazes me how many supposedly intelligent people misuse this phrase.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:33 PM

Gaucho didnt realize the whole world reads his blog, has proven many times to be a class act, and has already apologized to strassa. Probably reasonable to cut him a break here
Old 04-04-2007, 04:18 PM

Gaucho,

If you really didn't care about how Strassa played in the game why'd you list all of those hands?

Also, if you MUST vent why not just say something like, "man I'm on life tilt... let's just say I feel like I lost 40k that I shouldn't have even put on the line in the first place" if it really has nothing to do w/ being a staking loss and the way that Strassa played.

If you're going to post stuff like this on public blog located at one of the most lucrative poker websites on the net, you're going to have to expect to take some heat for it.