Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2007, 12:56 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker...Ivey Vs. Booth

[ QUOTE ]
if you were on HSP4 and the same action played out, would you call the 2nd time around with KK? Keep in mind that he knows you saw HSP3...

[/ QUOTE ]

and this is obviously how he makes $. his reputation precedes him. Similar to Chris Smith, the guy who stacked you at foxwoods in the 25/50/100 game. He would always have a knack for bluffing at times when his opponent was very weak (ie, in the hand against jcmoussa), and then shoving in his opponents face, KNOWING that his opponent just saw him make a huge overbet bluff, and stacking the guy off with a set, tptk, whatever. because of the deep-stacked nature of live play, these crazy overbets work more often because opponents really need to have a monster to call (ala what mahatma used to do effectively) and the villian will often show up with the nuts, as well,
dlpnyc21

note: it's precisely ivey's inexperience with booth that allows him to make this play, i'm quite sure booth would have never tried this on brian. brian would have probably looked him up with AK, like stinger would have done, lol.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tell me you are kidding about the "moran"...if not he didn't misspell, morAn.
I guess Aba said it best "lol", but no one at that level wants to be in a 300k pot when they are only about 60-70% sure they have the best of it. If anyone can say "I'll pick a better spot", it's Phil Ivey. Also, in PI's case, he wouldn't have to move down, but many players would have to, thus lowering their real $ win potential.

[/ QUOTE ]
SALAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR
Old 04-03-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I laugh and call really quick against Brad, from my experience against him online he's just a moran.

[/ QUOTE ]

brad is not a moron, sometimes online though he plays really bad, but who doesnt play really bad online sometimes
Old 04-03-2007, 03:00 PM

mebbe ivey thought brad thought he had a couple of kangaroos or AceAce?
Old 04-03-2007, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I laugh and call really quick against Brad, from my experience against him online he's just a moran.

[/ QUOTE ]

brad is not a moron, sometimes online though he plays really bad, but who doesnt play really bad online sometimes

[/ QUOTE ]

tbh dont think ive ever seen PA tilt. even back when he only played the big time HU LHE games on all the sites.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, he has a lot of money and I've heard people talk about how tough he is and how he kills it live, but seriously I've played a lot of hands with him online and not a single time has he been in any other mode than monkeytilt/call4betsOOPwithT2s100BBs/etc. And of course everyone has their monkey tilt days but literally every time I see him online he is goin crazy and at least a couple other people have echoed this it seems.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, he has a lot of money and I've heard people talk about how tough he is and how he kills it live, but seriously I've played a lot of hands with him online and not a single time has he been in any other mode than monkeytilt/call4betsOOPwithT2s100BBs/etc. And of course everyone has their monkey tilt days but literally every time I see him online he is goin crazy and at least a couple other people have echoed this it seems.

[/ QUOTE ]

CTS, how do you play when you play $50NL? Probably the same style. Online is micro-stakes for Brad.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

CTS, how do you play when you play $50NL? Probably the same style. Online is micro-stakes for Brad.

[/ QUOTE ]

200/400 and 300/600 nl aren't micro-stakes for anyone.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So Dustin, you're basically saying he's good with the fish live, but sucks online where most people are very good?

..... doesn't that mean he's a fish at the HSP table?

BTW ArmenH, I don't think you get why Aba lol'd....

If ivey had 30k behind the raise, I'm sure he would've snap called. The fact that he had 300k behind is a very different story..... I think someone mentioned this concept before, something about stack sizes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, Aba said he would never lay down QQ to Booth in that spot. So....stack sizes evidently didn't matter to him either. You dont have to have the nuts to call off 400bbs in a deep stacked game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a joke account?

This hand is about Ivey (not Brian), who had no experience playing Brad Booth, and you expect him to call 400+ BB with KK against an unknown.

The point is that against an unknown without reads, Ivey easily calls all in with much less behind, than he would very very deep (as he was).

God...
Old 04-03-2007, 05:53 PM

What range of hands would Ivey need to put Booth on to make this call? Like how much of the range is air/str8/set/pair+fd etc?

Also, would anyone raise it more than Ivey did pf?