Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2007, 02:01 PM

Default Re: The Well: Kilillan

Kililan,

If I enjoy taking a strong pain pill from time to time (strong like vics or percs) what do you think the chances are that I'll get hooked? I really enjoy the feeling (obviously) but it's something that I do maybe once a month, if that. But god damn, they are not harmful (in moderation) and the feeling is quite lovely. Is this a slippery slope or something that can be used sporadically without interfering with my life, assuming I'm in control.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kililan,

If I enjoy taking a strong pain pill from time to time (strong like vics or percs) what do you think the chances are that I'll get hooked? I really enjoy the feeling (obviously) but it's something that I do maybe once a month, if that. But god damn, they are not harmful (in moderation) and the feeling is quite lovely. Is this a slippery slope or something that can be used sporadically without interfering with my life, assuming I'm in control.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah of course.

I have an very addictive personality, my whole family does. Drugs were about the stupidest thing I could've done.

One pain pill for a person that can control themselves is fine.

I think the point for me was when I needed to take the pills to feel normal that I should've realized I had a problem.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kililan,

[/ QUOTE ]

If ever I made a sincere, heart-felt post, this would be it.

I know a lot of people who have done a lot of drugs. I have never seen any drug bring someone to their knees with addiction as prescription pain-killers. I don't think there are any safe amounts to take recreationally.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Kililan,

[/ QUOTE ]

If ever I made a sincere, heart-felt post, this would be it.

I know a lot of people who have done a lot of drugs. I have never seen any drug bring someone to their knees with addiction as prescription pain-killers. I don't think there are any safe amounts to take recreationally.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah on second thought I just agree with this. Just don't do them.

Stick with alcohol, it's much weaker but meh.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And yeah I saw babel. It was much worse than I expected actually. The Japanese storyline didn't fit AT ALL into the main plot, which bugged the hell out of me. Also, I didn't find her that cute since I see Japanese girls so much cute than that on a daily basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also didn't think that part needed to be included in the story, however my film friends were there to remind me that I wasn't thinking properly/ abstract enough/ something something, and they said it fit fine. I still disagree.

[ QUOTE ]
Though I've never seen anyone try so hard to get laid and fail

[/ QUOTE ]

Goofy? Umm...you? (I kid, I kid. This was too easy, sorry)
Old 03-30-2007, 02:10 PM

What are your plans for the future? Do you plan to play poker as a means of life indefinitely? Looking for a career?
Old 03-30-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

And yeah I saw babel. It was much worse than I expected actually. The Japanese storyline didn't fit AT ALL into the main plot, which bugged the hell out of me. Also, I didn't find her that cute since I see Japanese girls so much cute than that on a daily basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also didn't think that part needed to be included in the story, however my film friends were there to remind me that I wasn't thinking properly/ abstract enough/ something something, and they said it fit fine. I still disagree.

[ QUOTE ]
Though I've never seen anyone try so hard to get laid and fail

[/ QUOTE ]

Goofy? Umm...you? (I kid, I kid. This was too easy, sorry)

[/ QUOTE ]

well I did..

despite having to pay for it

sigh

No I don't have any real definite plans for the future. I wanted to go to a decent college in Japan. That was my real goal, I'm not sure where I want to go from there. I really don't want to play poker indefinitely.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:12 PM

I am such a giant pussy I don't think I could ever get addicted to anything, but I suppose we surprise ourselves nearly everyday by doing certain things we though impossible our out of our league. So thanks for the advice, I guess I'll stick to taking 10 tylenol at a time, because as an easy to acquire, legal medication, it is intrinsically safer and healthier for me than these 'controlled substances'.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am such a giant pussy I don't think I could ever get addicted to anything, but I suppose we surprise ourselves nearly everyday by doing certain things we though impossible our out of our league. So thanks for the advice, I guess I'll stick to taking 10 tylenol at a time, because as an easy to acquire, legal medication, it is intrinsically safer and healthier for me than these 'controlled substances'.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't take balls to get addicted to anything. The very opposite infact.

And watchout taking too many over the counter pain medication too. When I was 17 I had to go to the hospital because I was getting insanely bad headaches. I found out I had analgesic withdrawal from taking alot of aspirin at a time
Old 03-30-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't take balls to get addicted to anything. The very opposite infact.

And watchout taking too many over the counter pain medication too. When I was 17 I had to go to the hospital because I was getting insanely bad headaches. I found out I had analgesic withdrawal from taking 25 aspirin at a time

[/ QUOTE ]

What I meant was I think I'm too big of a pussy to ever let that happen, since I'm generally extremely risk adverse, especially with my body.

And I was kidding about the tylenol, I recognize that it's extremely dangerous and I think it's a joke that it can be sold the way it is, since taking 10 like I mentioned would kill damn near everyone from liver failure (from what I know). Silly place we live in.

I'll leave you alone now [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]