Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 03:28 AM

Default Re: Non-mainstream ideas you would implement if President

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hate hate hate hate hate inheritance tax. So let me get this straight, money and other things my family has worked for and been taxed on already gets taxed more because they wanted me to have it when they die?

There's a special place in hell for anybody who thinks that 100% is even reasonable to listen to, much less put in place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol at expected response to that. But anyway why do you think it should be yours? It was your parents money not yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

And it's theirs to do what they want with, and they want to give it to him.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hate hate hate hate hate inheritance tax. So let me get this straight, money and other things my family has worked for and been taxed on already gets taxed more because they wanted me to have it when they die?

There's a special place in hell for anybody who thinks that 100% is even reasonable to listen to, much less put in place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol at expected response to that. But anyway why do you think it should be yours? It was your parents money not yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And thus the reason that 3 percent stays where its at.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you going to outlaw gift-giving too, above some de minimis amount?
Old 03-28-2007, 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you going to outlaw gift-giving too, above some de minimis amount?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well actually if you want my real op on this yea I would. I know both sides of this argument back and forth. I really dont want to argue it actually, I realize how easily people get worked up about it. But as for my personal beliefs, Yes there would be no gift past a minimum say 10k or some arbirtrary numnber.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well i clearly realize that it would be impossible to do but i think the idea is clear. Everytime i see that fat billionaire kid on TV(the one who hangs out with Paris) i just get sick to my stomach. I actually like to throw out that comment to Republican friends of mine just to get them in tears.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's one thing to look at poverty and revile. It's another thing to look at wealth be angry about that. "No! Someone is living well! Can't have that!"

I honestly think that a lot of liberals' "tax the rich" MO has more to do with malice toward people living better than them than it does helping the poor.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And thus the reason that 3 percent stays where its at.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? 3 percent of what?
Old 03-28-2007, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it was their money. And they decided what they wanted to do with their money, and it happened to be transferral to their children. An inheritance tax puts a limit on what someone can do with his own hard-earned money. If I work hard and want a good life for my children, shouldn't I be allowed to provide for them? Who are you to put a limit on how well they or I can live?
Old 03-28-2007, 03:54 AM

Oh sorry Brain, 3 percent is a stat for how much of the wealth is in one place. When I took social stratification it was 3 percent of the rich have 90 percent of the wealth in the U.S. DO NOT Quote this for fact it has been awhile since that class.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:56 AM

So is it safe to assume you can't back up your implied claim that whatever majority of wealth the top 3% hold (I think less than 90% but definitely more than 50), it stays in their families for generation after generation?
Old 03-28-2007, 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So is it safe to assume you can't back up your implied claim that whatever majority of wealth the top 3% hold, it stays in their families for generation after generation?

[/ QUOTE ]

Back it up? It exactly stays there feel free research this on your own.