Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2007, 05:01 PM

Default Re: Companies you LOVE

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Southwest Airlines. Best airline in the business, they rule.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd almost prefer driving than riding in this piece of [censored] airline. The [censored] lines where everyone camps out to get a good seat 2 hours before the flight, the moronic customers, ugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Southwest is terrible.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:55 PM

Potbelly Sandwich Works.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I disagree wholeheartedly. The good part about Southwest is that you don't have to camp out...all the seats are the same. Compared to United, where you pay a lot more and get an incredibly cramped seat (assuming you're not in Economy Plus, etc.) and flights are consistently overbooked, Southwest has all of my support.

I also love their warm and fuzzy approach and the jokes they make over the intercom. I know some people don't, as I heard someone in another row complaining about having to listen to their spiel, but he should have seriously lightened up.

Also, generalizing about all of their customers being moronic is pretty moronic.

[/ QUOTE ]

All the seats are the same? You do realize the difference between a middle seat, an aisle seat, and the window? You get stuck in C group and a party of 2, you can't even sit by the person you are traveling with. I haven't flown United much, but I always make my reservations with seats online so I can pick exactly where I want to sit, then actually sit in a chair in the lobby rather than stand in line so I don't get f'd next to some fat dude and some smelly chick when I am in the middle.

Moronic flight attendants who try to sing when they are god awful, just STFU. Just get me from point A to point B. I have headphones so I don't have to listen to crappy people sing. Unfortunately, they pull off this stunt when its too low altitude to do anything about it.

The customer base of Southwest is the leisure travelers who never go to airports. The kinds of morons who throw a huge fit when they show up 10 minutes before a flight and can't get on, or want to take 15 iguanas on board. Watch Airline if you don't believe me. I never have this trouble flying Delta, American, Continental, Northwest. You have a higher rate of crying babies on Southwest as well. I used to travel nearly every week for business and would avoid Southwest like the plague.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
newegg

[/ QUOTE ]

qfmft!

This company single handedly transformed the world of online shopping for computer gear (and to an extent all online shopping). Before newegg, buying stuff online was literally a crapshoot. Now the vaast majority of stores are very safe and offer reasonable service - but they're still catching up to newegg.

I agree with alot of the companies mentioned so far, but this one stuck out at me. This would be my ideal business to startup/own.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I disagree wholeheartedly. The good part about Southwest is that you don't have to camp out...all the seats are the same. Compared to United, where you pay a lot more and get an incredibly cramped seat (assuming you're not in Economy Plus, etc.) and flights are consistently overbooked, Southwest has all of my support.

I also love their warm and fuzzy approach and the jokes they make over the intercom. I know some people don't, as I heard someone in another row complaining about having to listen to their spiel, but he should have seriously lightened up.

Also, generalizing about all of their customers being moronic is pretty moronic.

[/ QUOTE ]

All the seats are the same? You do realize the difference between a middle seat, an aisle seat, and the window? You get stuck in C group and a party of 2, you can't even sit by the person you are traveling with. I haven't flown United much, but I always make my reservations with seats online so I can pick exactly where I want to sit, then actually sit in a chair in the lobby rather than stand in line so I don't get f'd next to some fat dude and some smelly chick when I am in the middle.

Moronic flight attendants who try to sing when they are god awful, just STFU. Just get me from point A to point B. I have headphones so I don't have to listen to crappy people sing. Unfortunately, they pull off this stunt when its too low altitude to do anything about it.

The customer base of Southwest is the leisure travelers who never go to airports. The kinds of morons who throw a huge fit when they show up 10 minutes before a flight and can't get on, or want to take 15 iguanas on board. Watch Airline if you don't believe me. I never have this trouble flying Delta, American, Continental, Northwest. You have a higher rate of crying babies on Southwest as well. I used to travel nearly every week for business and would avoid Southwest like the plague.

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds to me you dislike their customers more than the airline.

Southwest doesn't sugarcoat how it operates. It offers very good priced travel with no frills at all, but it does offer excellent customer service. They also have the fastest plane turnover time in the industry. If you want to pay more for a specific assigned seat, fine with me. I'll continue to pay less for my more reliable flights.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:25 PM

What do you guys think about JetBlue? I know there was a big deal about the cancellation of flights on one day but I rode on their plane a while back and enjoyed it very much.

And my car insurance is almost up. Anyone can tell me how to get USAA insurance? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Agree with fluff on Nordstrom. <3<3<3. I will go check the other thread after this on why someone said not to go to Nordie.

Mercer HR Consulting. I think I've applied for their internship a while ago. No response [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. Maybe I'll send in my CV again and see if they'll be as good as a company as you stated. But props on saving clients millions. You should post about some cases you've done or case studies done by students. I'd read that

Costco <3<3<3. My dad canceled his membership but my co-membership card still works (I pay by cash anyways) so I can go in for free. Amazing prices, great return policy and service. Although they can bag their groceries a bit better instead of just putting them in my cart.

I am surprised to see only one person has said Newegg! No one has seconded that guy's opinion? I like newegg
Old 03-17-2007, 11:27 PM

I love jetblue, TV+ big seats my fat ass can fit into.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:13 AM

USAA is the greatest company ever.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:17 AM

Tecmo
WWF/E
Google
Old 03-18-2007, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone can tell me how to get USAA insurance?

[/ QUOTE ]

Serve your country.

Scott