Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2007, 12:51 AM

Default Re: 1000 Push ups per day

I'm not the one who claimed to be able to do this and then said he'd need a month after saying it was "no problem".
Old 03-09-2007, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not the one who claimed to be able to do this and then said he'd need a month after saying it was "no problem".

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe you missed the part where i was using past tense? and maybe you suck at reading comprehension, and the "no problem" was referring to doing 1000 pushups in a day, which i could easily do? maybe you arent getting enough oxygen to your brain or something.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:02 AM

Push ups are addicting.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe you missed the part where i was using past tense? and maybe you suck at reading comprehension, and the "no problem" was referring to doing 1000 pushups in a day, which i could easily do? maybe you arent getting enough oxygen to your brain or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you need to quit making outrageous claims without video on youtube to back it up.

...cuz everyone always provides evidence on 2+2.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
not that hard in 1 day

[/ QUOTE ]That seems to be the concensus here, and I agree that it wouldn't be that hard to do ONCE. But every day? If you can do 1000 every single day, then I have to think that you could do around 5000 in one day if you really tried and knew you'd be able to rest the next few days. That is very tough imo.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you need to quit making outrageous claims without video on youtube to back it up.

...cuz everyone always provides evidence on 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

400 pushups + 500 situps in 25 minutes is not outrageous by ANY means. well im going to go watch the UW game, have fun trying to wrap your mind around how some could POSSIBLY do that much work in so little time!
Old 03-09-2007, 01:08 AM

Thremp, do you have 10k lying around to put your money where your mouth is?
Old 03-09-2007, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
not that hard in 1 day

[/ QUOTE ]That seems to be the concensus here, and I agree that it wouldn't be that hard to do ONCE. But every day? If you can do 1000 every single day, then I have to think that you could do around 5000 in one day if you really tried and knew you'd be able to rest the next few days. That is very tough imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW when I was young and dumb. I decided to do like ~1k situps one day for no real reason. I did like ~650 and couldn't sit up for 3-4 days. I didn't do situps on a regular basis. So I think an avg person could do this, but would regret it horribly. By not sitting up, I mean rolling onto my stomach and draggin myself to my feet from whatever was nearby.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i use to do 400 pushups and 500 situps a day in about 25 minutes. 1000 would be no problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO someone call guiness.

Prop bet on that?

Ridiculous.

If you did 400 pushups and it took you 2 seconds a piece for all 400 and 500 situps @ 2 seconds a piece for all 500 situps it would take you 30 minutes.

LMMFAO at people who exaggerate like this on the internet.

[/ QUOTE ]

exaggerate? It actually only takes me roughly 15 seconds to do 20 pushups. and about 40 seconds to do the 25 situps. My workout (this portion of it) consisted of 10 continuous sets of 20 pushups/25 situps, then about a 2 minute rest, then 10 more continuous sets. Adding time to spin around and switch between pushup and situp form makes it about 25 minutes.

another point of measure, my first set for tabata pushups, i did roughly 45 pushups.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the 400 AND 500 that makes it so...unusual. Possible, but it's on the upper end of really crazy. I do pushups as my workout, and i do 500 in the morning within 1 hour and that kills me. So props, but it still is something hard to believe.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:50 AM

wtf 1k spread throughout the day? I think that's very possible.

1k all in one go takes skills.