Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2007, 01:00 PM

Default Re: Coaching Warning Discussion Thread

[ QUOTE ]
then one way or another, we'll make a separate page, even if it's free. Perhaps, in order to get on said page, there will have to be some proof of solid coaching.

[/ QUOTE ]

what level of risk or exposure(if any) is inherent in 2p2 "qualifying" coaches to be on the list? i assume there will be a disclaimer of some sort? or is that not a concern/already addressed?
Old 03-10-2007, 03:48 PM

2+2 won't be endorsing. I suppose getting on the list should require ether payment or a review. In this way a bad review still entitles you to be on the list. It would just be considered an alternative form of payment. it's just an idea. how many mods are around who want coaching?
Old 03-10-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2+2 won't be endorsing. I suppose getting on the list should require ether payment or a review. In this way a bad review still entitles you to be on the list. It would just be considered an alternative form of payment. it's just an idea. how many mods are around who want coaching?

[/ QUOTE ]

food for thought - some coaches already advertise their services at 2+2 using banner ads. Would that be fair to Stox/This is the Nuts? I haven't been following this thread, ignore me if its already been discussed.
Old 03-10-2007, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Id like it.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I seem to be working my way down in limits, so it sure wouldn't hurt.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:56 PM

Quick update. I just got a PM from the guy who made the original post. Taylor is arranging for him to get some coaching free of charge. I was PMed to see if a thread would be allowed and I replied that Taylor really doesn't need any more PR from this situation (he participated in the thread and made the offer there) and advised him to say nothing for the time being.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

*raises hand*
Old 03-11-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a very, very good idea that in some cases will be worth a lot more to people (and in a few, a lot less, heh) than the books.

however, if there's going to be one big place to post coaching ads, and people can pay with reviews, the reviews should be round robined. otherwise, there's potential for a lot of sniper/degen mod favoritism situations to pop up. (before anyone asks, I'm not in much need of coaching at the moment, unless it's from Taylor or Rizen [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img], so I probably won't be using this to begin with.)

I suggest, if this takes place, we have a 'coach review' thread in this forum and just take turns taking requests for reviews as they appear.