Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2007, 07:07 PM

Default Re: essay topic: if the U.S. government collapsed in 2018

This is the most absurd school assignment I've seen in a while. Obviously this isn't going to happen, but that's not going to get you your A. Considering the kind of teacher who would assign something like this, I'd say go with something related to Global Warming. Getting an A > intellectual honesty, WHEE!
Old 03-07-2007, 09:22 PM

Default The Retarded

[ QUOTE ]

Suicide bombers steer 20 nuclear laden merchant ships into the 20 biggest US port s and set off their nukes in the harbor before their cargo is inspected. San Franciso, San Diego, Seatle, Portland, Miami, New York City, Philadelphia, Houston, etc.... All wiped out...
<font color="white">. </font>
Millions dead and dying, immediate economic depression, radioactive poison blowing over the US mainland... US Marine economy is wiped out. Democrats hold the presidency, beg al Qaeda for peace, and they agree to surrender the USA to al Qaeda. In addition, all Americans will be required to convert to Islam and obey Sharia law...

[/ QUOTE ]Already rejected by Jerry Bruckheimer as too "moronic".

You have some niche market in mind ?
Old 03-08-2007, 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the most absurd school assignment I've seen in a while. Obviously this isn't going to happen, but that's not going to get you your A. Considering the kind of teacher who would assign something like this, I'd say go with something related to Global Warming. Getting an A &gt; intellectual honesty, WHEE!

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh OP forgot to mention his teacher was of an Arab background and was looking for ideas to send back home !!!!!!
Old 03-08-2007, 07:07 PM

Default So Enlighten Me

International waters is 3 miles off the coast of the USA.
So you don't think a nuclear laden freighter could sail up to a USA port at night and make a run for it?

The hard part would be getting the 20 nukes.
Iran, North Korea, and Pakistan (if Mushariff is assasinated) would be the most likely providers of nukes.
So enlighten me with your wisdom.....you make hit-and-run posts without any substance. Where is the beef? Show me how smart you are.... Demonstrate your knowledge by educating what factors would make this scenario an impossibility.....
Old 03-08-2007, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Borodog

[/ QUOTE ]
Best response in the thread! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-09-2007, 11:55 AM

Default Sound, Lights

[ QUOTE ]
You make hit-and-run posts without any substance.

[/ QUOTE ]You call this "hit-and-run" ? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
International waters is 3 miles off the coast of the USA. So you don't think a nuclear laden freighter could sail up to a USA port at night and make a run for it?

[/ QUOTE ]Highly improbable but not impossible. (I never said impossible. Even Intelligent Design is a possibility.)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Hey, if you refute the argument you are making in one and the same post, what are we supposed to write?

What an egoist.

Mickey Brausch
Old 03-09-2007, 11:57 AM

Default Re: So Enlighten Me

[ QUOTE ]
International waters is 3 miles off the coast of the USA.
So you don't think a nuclear laden freighter could sail up to a USA port at night and make a run for it?

[/ QUOTE ]

The hard part would be to keep quiet about the operation. To coordinate such a spectacular attack, there has to be multiple communications. The disasters of musharraf's fall or NK nuclear transfer, or Iran's nuclear test will be ample warnings that an attack probability is high. The stakes will be raised so high, that stopping such a scenario will become an urgent priority, superseeding every other need. Every intelligence service in the world will be tracking the missing nukes. Terrorists will have a hard time defending their operation security.